This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Len Gribble

Fitness Club
« on: May 29, 2004, 10:03:56 pm »
Received a call from a fitness club today, they have a problem with foot odour on there carpet between the shower room and changing room.

I don’t have a problem in cleaning the carpet and removing the foot odour as I’m a cc, but I know it will return in time.

I was told by an employee, the system they have to mask odours if that the right word is two battery timed sprayers, air con system which I understand some puts two tablets in the vent, the area is about 15sqm sorry this may not be enough info as I only scoped the job today will be meeting with the owner next week

Dose anyone knows of a system better than that what they are using?

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

woodman

Re: Fitness Club
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2004, 07:15:42 pm »
Hi Len

Will you be using a Dry Fusion system using their Bactoshield its specially designed for just this type of problem.

As for long term removal they need to invest in a wall mounted air purification system which runs continuously this will not mask odour but will kill it.

Trevor

Len Gribble

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2004, 09:28:47 pm »
Trevor

I will be using HWE with the equivalent of Bactosheield, can’t wait to try DF hopefully in the next week or so. With regards to customer investment do you know/recommend a purification system? Please send a pm.

By the way I’m very surprised that a carpet/fire flood person responded, re purification system and not some one from the general cleaning forum.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

cleanmac

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2004, 11:09:52 pm »
Hi Len

Have a look at vaportek .com,just to give you an idea,because there is a company called Autosmart in the UK,who have developed their version of this system (aromatek)and it works quite well.

I hope this will help you.

David

Len Gribble

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2004, 10:45:53 pm »
Thanks David will pass on to owner of club.

Len

woodman

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2004, 12:57:48 pm »
Hi Len

Go to www.airconco.com and look at the Sharp FU-800s

this is ideal for your situation ;)

Len Gribble

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2004, 06:31:24 pm »
Thanks Trevor

Len

econet

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2004, 08:27:59 pm »
Best range around come from Ecotech, the largest air purifier manufacturer in the world!

Look on Ecoquestuk.co.uk , there is also an opportunity to become a dealer and make money on these units

Gary.

Len Gribble

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2004, 11:44:13 pm »
Gary

Thanks for the feedback but I don’t think these systems are up to it, the customer needs to get there act in order first i.e. sort out there ac and air flow first, as far as I can ascertain and I’m no tech buff no good pushing air you also need to extract to and outside point, just had had a thought it may not be foot odour but trainers odour shoes!

Will keep posted

Len

econet

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2004, 11:16:54 am »
Hi Len,
I think you should look again at the principles of these units. They create  ionization and ozone (controllable) and the ozone oxidises the odours on contact, capable of clearing a Nursing Home incontinent room in 2 - 6 hours or a pair of trainers in front of them in 30 mins.

Most people believe the air has to be sucked out but the idea is to alter the existing air! Ihave one of these running in a Health Spa with great results! No more chemicals needed and owner V Happy

Most of these units have capability of clearing areas up to 220 Sq Metres.

If you would like a FREE Demo, I'll see if I can get a unit to you to trial!

Gary

Len Gribble

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2004, 10:09:30 pm »
Gary

Can you supply me any data BSI, HSE, method statement and risk assessment data you have on these machines, am meeting owner again next week, I ask as ozone was brought up on another forum and this is no refection on you or the product, I’m just covering my backside.

QUOTE prolonged exposure to Ozone generated from one of these machines can cause lung irritant and respiratory distress even having fatal consequences. It will cause eye and nose irritation and also coughs and chest complaints. So you can see the dangers for the elderly, the very young and asthmatics.

This is so important that the American Lung Association have called for them to be banned and some states have already done this. We all know that what happens in the states nearly always crosses over here within a short period of time and I have already heard that some insurance companies are insisting that these machines are not installed in any homes that fire/flood technicians are working in. UNQUOTE

See your pm as sending you my address

Len

econet

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2004, 11:47:41 am »
Len,

Sending you out the data, should be with you soon!

Gary

Len Gribble

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2004, 03:27:10 pm »
Thanks

Len