Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike Halliday

I'll match their price
« on: May 29, 2004, 04:15:09 pm »
I did a 4 bed empty house this morning, a nice easy job that did'nt need cleaning but their tenacy agreement said they had to get them cleaned upon leaving.

it was a half-day  job and i qouted £230 but gave them a 15% 'empty house' discount so charged £195.

a multi-coloured carpet cleaner ;) qouted them £300 and rang up on Wednesday asking if they got the job,
When told I was doing the cleaning they said they would match my price!!

are some people stupid or what.

basically they are saying to the customer " we tried to over charge you by a £100 but now we'll charge you the right price."

the customer told them to get stuffed.

I think this be top of the list of things you don't do in business

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Ian Gourlay

Re: I'll match their price
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2004, 05:12:25 pm »
Companies do do this but 90% of the time it does not work

Doug Holloway

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2004, 05:47:19 pm »
Hi Mike,

Does that mean there i'snt always gold at the end of it ::) or am I colour blind?

Cheers,

Doug

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2004, 07:12:36 pm »
Maybe the other CC will learn to keep it Zippy'd ;D
And not make another Bungle ::)
By George :o

Fox

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2004, 09:00:42 pm »
In the contract cleaning world I find that if a client likes you but your price is way out they will approach you and ask if you can do anything with your pricing.  

When this happens I do come down slightly but ensure the client knows the price drop will be something I have decided to shoulder as I gave them the best price to begin with for a quality service.

They usually go with a small drop even though you may still be more expensive than the competition.

Alot of people buy now through best value - so they are looking for quality not just cheap.
Fox