Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

*paul_moss

Re: High PH - Acid Rinse ?
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2006, 06:56:10 pm »
Think the yanks use stronger chems than us.
I have never experienced such yellowing and have used blitz on nylon inc 5th many times and on repeat cleans with no problems.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

the red carpet

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2006, 07:03:48 pm »
Yanks use stronger chems, because only 1% of there carpets are wool.
whereas over here we love wool, so they have a lot more room to play with, woolsafe dosent even come into it over there.

How do you tell if its 5th ???

And im not saying i havent used high ph on wool and nylon iv gone up to 12+ on both, sometimes you have to.

Steve Carpenter

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2006, 11:09:53 am »
Guy’s,

By using products that aren’t suitable for use on wool and nylon etc, you are playing Russian roulette with your reputation and customer’s property.

Not only that if you cause damage and it can be proven that it was as a result of using inappropriate products, then your insurance company would drop you like a hot potato!

Also, Dupont Stainmaster carpets must be one of the easiest carpets out there to clean, regardless of soil levels.

Regards

Steve

Derek

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2006, 01:46:11 pm »
I endorse young Steven's comments of Stainmaster carpets which are 5th Generation... they can be cleaned well and safely with the Woolsafe pH range of chemical products.

....don't forget that 4th Generation are the fluorochemically protected fibres that also don't like high pH chemicals.

rice

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2006, 07:16:59 pm »
CHRIS, I carry two sprayers with onestep which I find the best.One is dilluted 1-40 the the other at 1-10
I also carry a spotter bottle at 1-5.The 1-10 will cut through the crap with ease, then spray the remainder
with the weaker dillution or try a mist of cfr pop out,this is a fantastic spotter but I use it as a misted prespray on grease and other crappy areas.get it from amtech uk,try it, you`ll be plesantly suprised.

regards rice

robert stubbs

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2007, 08:23:33 pm »
Hi, PH.

will01

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2007, 09:02:48 pm »
Hi all:

I mostly use fabric and fibre rinse in the tank but if I run out I use white vinegar bought from the local spar for 50p!!.

Has anyone tried this and and do they find it comparable with f and f rinse?

Will

Len Gribble

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2007, 02:46:07 am »

Will

Has it got malt in WV that is?

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

will01

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2007, 02:40:53 pm »
Len:

Sorry don't fully understand how you put your question.
If you are asking me if there is malt in wv then to the best of my knowledge no there isn't. Malt vinegar I'm led to believe is brown. Nice on Chips tho with some salt and Chilli sauce. :D

Will

scott.

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2007, 05:04:01 pm »
The carpet must smell nice after...

will01

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2007, 05:33:58 pm »
Must admit I was a bit worried about the smell but actually on the few occasions I've used wv the only smell was deodoriser. Put it this way no one has phoned me back stating that there was a queue outside their house asking for double cod and chips!! Infact if I can recall these are regular customers.

All the best

Will

the red carpet

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2007, 10:29:02 am »
Iv just done a couple of tests using Blitz

Iv sprayed it down on 4 carpet samples and on a small area of my own carpet, and not even rinsed it just left it to dry :o

So 5 carpets in total 3=80/20 wool and 2=100% wool

And 24hours later no negative affects ??? no colour change no degradation nothing, they all look absolutley fine.

So surely there cant be that much risk involved with cleaning wool with it especially when its coupled with extraction and a acid rinse can it?

Or can it?

rich hand

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2008, 10:04:13 pm »
Id like to bring this topic back alive.

Ive just tried similar to Red and tested MS heavy duty ph 11.7 on several wool carpets and no problems atall.

markpowell

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2008, 10:21:30 pm »
The problems that this aggressive cleaning causes is not always noticable at the time of the clean.
Mark

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2008, 07:37:54 pm »
Rich

Who says there's no problems, and how did they arrive at that conclusion?

High pH and high alkaline cleaning solutions should only normally be used on wool as problem solvers. I, and others, have often highlighted the main issues with this type of cleaning practice.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

colin thomas

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2008, 08:16:57 pm »
i often use blitz and rinse with liquid high heat, get real, if a carpet is minging the customer is not going to worry what is used on their carpet as long as you get it clean. how many of you have cleaned wool restaurant carpets year after year with high ph products, are they falling to bits after 2 cleans? i don't think so. of course i don't go in so heavy handed for most domestics, pure clean is the dogs doo dahs

colin
colin thomas

markpowell

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2008, 08:37:29 pm »
Colin,
How many wool carpets do you clean in houses, with black top i know i have never seen one in 8 years ??? ???
We should always use the safest product designed for each job, you should very rarely need something of PH 12.5 on a domestic wool carpet where as on a pub you would, common sence me thinks on this one.
Mark

Rob Kennedy

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2008, 09:49:29 pm »
This is what Chemspec has to say about acid rinse

rich hand

« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2008, 03:36:49 pm »
Ken

I was just looking at the immediate results. Could you point me to the links or other for longer term problems.

Thanks
Rich

Rich

Who says there's no problems, and how did they arrive at that conclusion?

High pH and high alkaline cleaning solutions should only normally be used on wool as problem solvers. I, and others, have often highlighted the main issues with this type of cleaning practice.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken

Mr Dvae

« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2008, 04:56:02 pm »
 :lets face it guys, if you're havng to use high ph chemicals to clean a carpet its already shot and whatever damage high ph may do is gonna be pretty irrelevant by this time, the custy just wants the carpet to look better, and it will.