Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian Gourlay

Carriage Charges
« on: May 15, 2004, 12:03:00 am »
Do you buy your Chemicals locally, or do you buy from Companies that deliver the Chemicals to you.

How much do you buy at a time .

I

Regards

Ian

Dave Parry

Re: Carriage Charges
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2004, 12:11:56 am »
Try to buy enough so as not to pay carriage charges. Usually combine order with another CC's order and counter invoice.
Bracknell, Berkshire,
Phoenix T/M,
http://www.cleanercarpets.org/index.html

Len Gribble

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2004, 01:25:13 am »
Ian

What type of agents (don’t like the word chemical nor do customers) are you referring too?

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Derek

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2004, 10:13:20 am »
Hi

I tend to buy from a local supplier where I have negotiated a good discount... he will obviously buy in bulk and I collect my stock direct.

This is an excellent post at this precise moment since petrol/fuel prices are rocketing... this is going to have a knock-on effect on the prices for all goods

Derek  

Dynafoam

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2004, 02:37:40 pm »
Ian,

Like Derek, where possible, I buy locally at discount.

The sydicate buying mentioned by Dave is a good way of saving but requres trusted associates, sufficiently local to each other to avoid too much cost and time in re-distribution.

Especially where not available locally, I tend to buy in fairly large quantities. This has to some extent back-fired on me lately - the use of micro-splitters on the majority of jobs means that many of the 'conventional' chemicals will sit on the shelves of my stockroom much longer than I antisipated. Some may out-stay their shelf life and be discarded.

With regard to the rising fuel costs, the accounts software I wrote many years ago, asks for my current mileage every time I enter a fuel invoice ( I always fill the tank). It then presents a report displaying details such as MPG and fuel cost per mile.

This last figure is very telling - if it jumps up a penny it takes no great effort to work out the the cost of a 10-mile round trip has increased by £1.

John.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2004, 01:01:26 am »
Len,

Thanks for tip re substituting agent for chemical, in the process of rewriting my marketing material, will check.

I am lucky I can buy locally, but not all the marvellous products, I see you all talking about.

A lot of suppliers are quite reasonable £50 order carriage paid, ie Express Cleaning products.

The answer is to wait and go to cleaning shows and purchase all the experemental type products if samples are not available.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2004, 01:05:28 am »
John ,

Your computer programme is scary. On Friday night for my blind business I went on a 35 mile round trip where a customer had made an apointment and then changed her mind and did not tell me ie blow out.

So that cost me an extra £3.50 plus not be able to go to the local Arts Centre to see a show.