This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

gwrightson

emulsion on concrete (help)
« on: May 12, 2004, 04:17:12 pm »
have been asked today , to clean emulsion paint from an area of ware house apperently a pallet of emulsion paint was spilt, all different colours ,the staff had removed the bulk, obviously leaving behind the all the stained areas, the floor is sealed concrete inside and plain concrete outside,
the area is approx 800sq. yds as the staff seemed to tread it every where ,forklift truck trye marks etc generaly a bl**dy mess.
so what would be the plan of attack? what chemical or solution would be best what method,etc and most important what price  
urgent!!!
thanks for all suggestions  geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

David Lauder

Re: emulsion on concrete (help)
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004, 05:24:07 pm »
Try www.Tensid.com and check out their paint removal products.

KP

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2004, 10:50:10 am »
we use paint stripper applied with a brush or deckscubber agitate the surface with a tank scrubber and black pad then pressure wash off. Choose the paint stripper or chemical to suite the type of paint carefully.

To work out a price do a test area first see how long it takes you add all other costs together ie chemical brushes machinery and pads and your estimated time plus 10 hours incase then add maybe 20% and then ask your self would i pay that for getting that job done.
Hope this helps let me know how you get on

Regards
KEN

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2004, 06:45:16 pm »
;)...I don`t profess to be a decorator but isn`t emulsion water based?......On that basis why don`t you use one of those walk behind jobbies you see in supermarkets....if not that way why not jet wash and hoover it up??....

Just a thought.... ;D ;D

gwrightson

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2004, 10:09:39 pm »
thanks for the advice guys
think i have problem solved , with a little help from nick
at solutions "nice man , contrary to my first assuption
when i recieved no reply from my email "
just goes to show shouldnt be judgmental at first.
sorry nick any way  
just hope i get the job now, have given price ,allowing for all the unforseen probs
geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2004, 10:15:26 pm »
Thanks Geoff

glad to help,

Best regards Nick