Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

joemarriner

PSI
« on: May 11, 2004, 10:21:47 pm »
Can someone explain about the different psi ratings on hwe machines ???

Len Gribble

Re: PSI
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2004, 11:09:07 pm »
Hi Joe

In simplistic terms think of a presser washer, which remove soil quicker plus a good vac system.

Can’t wait to see the replies!

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

neil 47

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2004, 12:15:35 am »
PSI

Pounds per square inch. For MSDS(Material Safety Data Sheet)purposes,psi is a unit for measuring the pressure a material exerts on the walls of a confining vessel or enclosure.
For technical accuracy,pressure must be expressed as psig(pounds per sqaure inch gauge) or psia(pounds per square inch absolute;that is, gauge pressure plus sea level atmospheric pressure of psig, plus about 14.7 poundsper square inch

I think thats what it is Len lol

Neil
IICRC

nordan

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2004, 12:31:20 am »
hi my machine has 135 psi which was very good once but now things have moved on a lot.people talk of 300/400 psi on portables  which sounds good but they must be filling them up all the time. regards danny

Len Gribble

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2004, 01:11:38 am »
Neil

Good but what is the bar rating

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2004, 01:19:01 am »
A bar is just under 16 psi.

Nice to speak to you Len did you get up on time?

Shaun

Len Gribble

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2004, 01:27:10 am »
Shaun

Always did you get the pictures?

Len

williamx

Good but what is the bar rating Re: PSI
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2004, 01:48:44 am »
Good but what is the bar rating

Depends on the Barmaid ;D ;D ;D

DaveR

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2004, 11:10:17 am »
I've always found the best results, at the best prices on the best jobs by the best machines to be done at the bar! Funny that......

neil 47

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2004, 11:16:34 pm »
Does a higher psi equal a better job? and if so how does it accomplish this? and is it worth the extra you pay or is it all in your minds more vac power, higher psi,
so it must be better

Neil ???
IICRC

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2004, 11:42:06 pm »
It all depends, Neil, on how you define a better job. The main ingredient is the technician. Presuming we're looking at a minimum of 100psi, then, everything else being equal, a 135psi pump will allow you to perfrom the job quicker. Most portables are restricted on power because you need to balance the water pressure AND flow rate with the available power for the vacuum. It may be necessary when the psi exceeds about 200 psi to reduce the size of the jets to limit the risk of over wetting the carpet. I know Cleancare International do this with their 400psi models.

Try not to think of cleaning carpets as being just the extractor machine. Good training and experience will tell you that the preparation of the carpet and soil is of probably greater importance. Your HWE machine then becomes just a tool for rinsing away the loosened soil. Most of the UK manufacturers will balance the pump with the vacuum and tooling. Just buy the most power your budget will allow. If buying secondhand, try to check if everything is as specified by the manufacturer, if not, come back for advice on adjustments required.

Safe and happy cleaning:)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

neil 47

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2004, 01:20:07 pm »
Thanks ken ,that,s what I thought ,your machine can only do so much. The rest is down to the person operating the machine,applying chemicals and assesing each job seprately

Neil
IICRC