Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

D.Salkeld_Ltd

Respect to Squeeky and other Trad Folks
« on: October 05, 2006, 06:56:11 pm »
Hi All,

I would like to say I have a lot of respect for Squeeky.

By the looks of him (In the Photo Album thred - non cleaning related stuff!) He seems a fit young man and works simply and hard.  He has honed his round down to jobs he can do well and earns a tidy income so simply.

When he starts to find the job hard work he might consider WFP but he's not a daft as us - he's learning by OUR mistakes so by the time - iff - he goes WFP he'll be able to set up a simple inexpesive and efficient system by all he has leaned fro OUR problens.

Keep it up Rog!!

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

geefree

Re: Respect to Squeeky and other Trad Folks
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 07:42:52 pm »
Wait until the guys come on lol.... and squeaky.... this should be good  :D

dai

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 07:58:04 pm »
Most WFP guys are trad guys too. This is often forgotten. I would never WFP my old folks bunglows for example. I can do them just as quick trad, and they are in no danger from slipping on wet floors. I also trad most of the bottoms if I can reach them from the floor. I cannot do patio doors any quicker using WFP, by the time I have rinsed them and mopped the water from the channels I am quicker trad.
I can fly through the tops with WFP though, that's why I use it. Dai

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 08:42:19 pm »
He seems a fit young man and works simply and hard.  He has honed his round down to jobs he can do well and earns a tidy income so simply.

David

Yes, we all love the old fashioned George Formby stereotypes.  I think there's a statue of one in London.

How quaint! ;D

Pj

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 09:01:42 pm »
He hasn't got red permed hair though ;D ;D ;D

macc

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 09:13:44 pm »
Hes a bit of a pretty boy,  :-*

neil100

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 09:46:00 pm »
Sorry to disagree with you David.

The way I was brought up Respect is only given to those who have earned it.

My W/c mentor who taught me the ropes 27 yrs ago gets my respect for the advice he has given me over the years. From how to clean windows to a high standard, to running w/c as a Profitable Business. He is still Trad out of choice and I have no gripes with him at all about it.

He never slags wfp off because he does not have an indepth knoweledge of what its like day in day out because hes never used it.

Squeaks on the other hand slags wfp off on a forum without an indepth knoweledge due to resullts hes seen or heard of. When hes been issued a fair challenge by Ian Giles to compare trad and wfp he has just made Excuses. The challenge was made because of the constant Criticism of wfp by Squeaks.

If he truly beleived in the things he posts about he would of jumped at the challenge. His lame excuses spoke volumes in my book. When I think of Squeaks I also think of hot air Ballons for some reason.

I dont want you to think I am being nasty because I am not that sort of bloke. I am trying to give an open and honest opionion on why I cant give Squeaks respect for some of his posts.

It does not matter to me if someone stays Trad. For goodness sakes I was trad long enough myself and I am still doing a little bit trad and I allways will.

At the end of the day if you had put the topic on who deserves the most Respect for thier help and informative posts and good reads on the forum,my vote would go to Ian Giles.

No offence intented Squeaks its just my observations. I dont want to use the forum to attack anyone cos thats what its not here for.

Nel.

P®oPole™

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2006, 09:53:47 pm »

Yes, we all love the old fashioned George Formby stereotypes.  I think there's a statue of one in London.

How quaint! ;D

Hi Tosh,

It is in London and a very nice statue to, it looks alot bigger in real life. The guy is looking up at a very tall building with hes small point.

ProPole

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2006, 09:57:25 pm »
Hi Tosh,

It is in London and a very nice statue to, it looks alot bigger in real life. The guy is looking up at a very tall building with hes small point.

ProPole

Pro Pole,

Obviously some thought was put into making this statue; and I think it's good.

What do you think he's meant to be thinking?

P®oPole™

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2006, 10:06:25 pm »
Tosh,

I dont know much about the actuall statue but I assume it was put in after or for the building that it was erected in front of. This tells me hes looking up at it with his wee ladder thiking "how the hell am im gonna clean that"

He is epitmy of our good and age old industry,

ProPole

Pj

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2006, 10:06:48 pm »
It's based loosely on the George Formby song

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2006, 10:58:01 pm »
I'm here now. ;D

Cheers David, nice to know someone understands how I'm happy enough with the technique I use.

Yes, one day I may end up with a pole system.
But like you say, it's purely through being fed up of climbing, and getting bored of the job - it's a new job in a way.

At the moment I can't see the point in giving myself extra tasks before and after work. :)

When hes been issued a fair challenge by Ian Giles to compare trad and wfp he has just made Excuses. The challenge was made because of the constant Criticism of wfp by Squeaks.

Nel.
The reason I can't see the point in these silly "challenges" is because that wouldn't reflect an average job.
He's hardly likely to leave it anything but perfect is he? And nor am I, but we may make mistakes the rest of the time.

You're never going to have anyone suggest they're as "proffessional" as you, so I don't know why I respond to you....

Can't even spell your name right. Neil. ::)

Rg.

neil100

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2006, 11:30:38 pm »
You're never going to have anyone suggest they're as "proffessional" as you, so I don't know why I respond to you.... Quote from Squeaks.

What?

I know of many proffessional w/c, Some are freinds and others who I have met and worked with.

There are proffesional w/c on this forum. I looked at a pic of Propoles van on the forum today and I was very impressed with how proffessional it looked. It looks more proffessional then my van as I still have not got it signwritten.

Their are others on this forum who will run their w/c buisness in a more proffessional maner then mine. I am not that bigheaded nor do I think that my buisness is run better then everyone elses.

My buisness is run to make a profit whilst giving my customers a first class service. I know of one lad whos 20yrs old who runs an old astra van on vegtable oil, He earns  £50 an hr on domestic work with a cheap wfp system. I have the upmost respect for him and the proffesional way he runs his w/c round.

His dad is still a Trad w/c, just short of 30 yrs experince. His dad earns £20 an hr, what he earns in 5 days his son gets in less then 2 days.

The reason for that his son his open to knew ideas, ie clean windows with wfp instead of trad w/c. Plus hes very fit and fast.

I know which one of the farther and son who is the more proffesional.

nel. ;D

Pj

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2006, 11:33:15 pm »
Hi Rog,

You know I like you. ;)

You do stand up to it all.  Better than I would.  I started w/c 20 years ago this Nov.
I was 32.  After w/c a year, I would have been your age, but I'm sure I didn't have your intellect, confidence or experience.
I was happily married with 3 kids though, so different experience.

I think a lot of us like you because you remind us of us!  

I took a pride in my job.  

Over the years I have had a few work for me and with me, I have always taught them, that when it comes to something like window cleaning, the omly way we can get the edge on the competition is by doing a better job, being more reliable and trustworthy.  Forget price challenges.  I read your posts, you read like you have them sussed.

If I had the health I had when I was 32 then I would stay trad.
But as you know, my knees are cream crackered after 19 years ladder work, and believe me it was the ladder!  But my biggest problem?  Heart attack, at 49.  Out of the blue, not particularly overweight, not much exercise outside work, but, mum and dad both had heart probs, so....

Doctor told me not to go back climbing ladders, seek alternative work, more sedentary.  What would you do?  Then they found I had Diabetes!
I think we've all got it!

I'm 52, I want to live, I need to make a living, I have no money.  What do I do?
Come on Rog, what would you advise?

I think you would say..exactly what I have done...

"Do what you know, cleaning windows the easier way, wfp!
No ladders, light physical exercise, earn a living, not scrounging off the State.

Give me your honest reply?

Let me just add, when I was 32, I thought 52 was still ok.  It can be, but it may not be.  No-one has control of these things.
I hope guys in Squeaky's position read this

Pj

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2006, 11:38:00 pm »
I think you are talking about your son Neil

I also think you sign 'Nel', because your name breaks the grammar rule: "I before E except after C"

neil100

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2006, 11:47:51 pm »
No its not my son. I wish my son had this lads go in him though.

I am helping my son build up a round but hes a bit on the lazy side. I have allready sacked my son once and told him their is no way I would work with him if he was not my flesh and blood.

I have been freinds with this lads dad for over 30yrs. Its a shock when these new lads from a younger generation are prepared to try new ideas. I thought about wfp for nearly three years before I changed over and my biggest regret is that I never did it when I first heard about it.

I sign my name nel because its my nickname,all my freinds call me nel.

Nel.

DaveWilkinson

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2006, 11:53:46 pm »
Just wanted to butt in to this exchange of views, I'm a newbie here on this forum and new to wc, thats why im here to learn, however im not new to self employment or business.

I have from the first day I started reading all the threads, from newcommers to old pro's been very impressed with the help and community feel of this forum. I view everyone on this forum as a professional for a couple of reasons, the main one being you are on here helping each other, I bet there isnt one dole claiming part timer on this forum.

So I would like to give my repect to all those that help, and all those that argue because there is so much good info given in the middle of these exchanges.

Hats off to you all

:)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2006, 12:03:49 am »
I know which one of the farther and son who is the more proffesional. 
Exactly.

You think wfp makes you more professional.
Well I've got news for you, it doesn't.
Sorry, but that's the way it is.

Don't accuse me of being narrow minded! ;D

Good comments from Dave Wilkinson above though.
Well said.

Pj

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2006, 12:05:28 am »
Is that it? ???

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2006, 12:12:07 am »
Yeah, sorry Pj.
You were making a lot of sense as usual too....

Another thread ruined for me because of someone shouting their mouth off about the way they choose to work, as if it's better than anyone else's.... ::)

This is exactly why I sometimes comment like I do.
Some people have a jumped-up opinion of themselves unfortunately.

I'm a window cleaner.
I do alright.
I don't go boasting.
What's to boast about?

Get over yourself, you're also just a window cleaner.
Just like me,
just like PJ,
just like Ian Giles or even Sir Trevor Knight... ;)