This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

replacement

Yacht cleaning?
« on: May 07, 2004, 07:52:12 pm »
Got asked to clean an 47ft boat, i belive it will take 2 days max to clean this, it needs to have the marks removed then waxed all over.

Shall i use Jif ro remove them water marks?

The boat is 47ft long and looks great.

Any tips and advice then please feel free to comment. The guy also wants it cleaned monthly and he also hinted there is alot more that need cleaning and he can make the contacts for me. ( Other words please dont charge me alot of money )

I could clean alot of these. The local company in the harbour is charging £21 per hr.

Cheers

Justin

woodman

Re: Yacht cleaning?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2004, 09:00:28 pm »
Hi Justin

I know of another guy who does this  type of work he uses a  Soda Blaster, you don't need to use anything else  (forget about the Jif)  .The results are very impressive

Completely 100% safe to both user and the environment

Trevor

replacement

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2004, 09:05:36 pm »
What is a Soda Blaster and where can i get information on this product?

Justin

woodman

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2004, 09:28:12 pm »
Soda Blaster is a machine that fires Sodium Bicarbonate on to a hard surface, you will also need a dry air compressor (you can hire this).

It differs from pressure washers because it's low pressure and will only take off the soiling but unlike sand blasting is non abrasive so will not affect the surface beneath.

Where yachts are concerned it is used to remove, dirt,grease and barnacles from the hulls and all manner of other soiling.

Sodium Bicarbonate is not at all harmfull, in fact it is classed as food stuff, so it does not have to comply with COSHH regulations.

To find out more go to www.branova.com where they supply and have all the info on Knightrum soda blasters. ;)

Trevor

replacement

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2004, 10:40:13 pm »
Thanks very much on the information provided, ill go have a look.

Justin

james44

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2004, 01:06:51 am »
justin, if you are going to use soda blasting, to clean yachts  , then why not do this! www.scrubmarine.com

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2004, 01:45:49 am »
Justin, soda blasting, probably talking about the Armex system here. Good results but quite expensive both in the equipment required and the soda for using in the process. Still, might be worth having a look at.

keith b

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2004, 04:51:40 am »
Hi Justin,

Might be a idea to use your WFP and perhaps invest in a ZODI shower heater (or you could make your own simular contraption for less than 1/3 of the price, email me and i will give you the basics on how to build your own), and then prespray with a bicarbonate soda solution mixed with water or perhaps TFR with a wax additive.

all the best

keith b