Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Chris R

Pub carpet - Black top- HELP!
« on: May 07, 2004, 07:04:02 pm »
Even after quoting 4 TIMES my usual price I still got the damn job >:(  I was hoping that my days of cleaning pub carpets at midnight were gone, but alas not.
So can anyone suggest a good pre spray for the thick black gunk thats all around the bar area.
(Its a wool carpet).
The only plus point is that I can try out my new steamMate on it ;D
Thanks
Chris
Staffordshire

Re: Pub carpet - Black top- HELP!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2004, 08:51:48 pm »
Ashbys Anti Grease  :o
Cuts thru like a hot knife thru butter. Best product i have used for shiny black wool pub carpets 8)
GOOD LUCK

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2004, 10:08:04 pm »
What  is the going rate for Pub Carpets. Do you get locked in all night.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2004, 12:53:59 am »
Use A Fork!! get on your knees and scratch the hell out if it. I've done these carpets before and no matter what i pre-sprayed with it just sat on the top until I broke up the surface.

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Dynafoam

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2004, 01:03:31 am »
Chris,

I have not tried this myself (have refused all brewery work for pest few years), but Nick from solutions recommended thei Solution No. 8 (now renamed) to someone recently, and the response was very positive.

John.

PS Ian's after a lock-in   ;)  ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2004, 01:27:31 am »
I was speaking to my Chemspec dealer and he says use enzall? he personally advises using a chemstractor to spray and scrub it in ( well he would wouldn't he at £2500 ) Stuart Clark uses this method and clean alot of pubs and the dealer says it just melts off.

Hopefully waiting for Stuart's reply

Shaun

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2004, 01:59:03 am »
Hi Guys Solution no 2 Heavy duty ask Des Rynne or Barry Nuckley

Best regards Nick

adl

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2004, 11:19:56 am »
I would agree with shaun, Chemspecs enzall is unbeatable! It is designed for protein based stains in the food industry. It should be mentioned that when using this product it should be mixed at about 65 degrees a good hand hot water, to cold and you will not trigger of the enzymes, to hot and you can kill off the enzymes, we go through alot of this product, even the gunkiest of areas around bars, cafe's, this product is unbeatable when used in conjunction with TMs, however it does need a little more dwell time than your average pre-spray.  If you want any let me know i am currently selling about 15 cases a week of the stuff.
regards Dave

woodman

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2004, 07:18:03 pm »
Chris

If you have got a Roto with a stiff brush block attatchment, pre-spray with Solutions or Ashby's (haven't tried Chemspec's) go over with the roto brush this will break it up pretty quickly  and then just extract with clean hot water in the usual way.

I have done lots of grotty carpets in pubs and restaurant's in the past and this method always worked. ;)

Mind you if you use a fork at least you've got something to each your lunch with later ;D

Trevor

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2004, 06:35:25 pm »
As far as i know, Solutions No 8 would not be suitable for wool carpeting.........Check first with Nick.
Never had to score surface with hot mix of Ashbys Anti Grease..........most comes off 1st go but may need 2nd rinse on very hard bits.

Mark Betts

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2004, 10:42:18 pm »
Prochem Enzyme, agitate well, dwell 15 mins.

Extract with power brush

No problem, the grease just turns to jelly.

Sometimes I add some alltec heavy duty degraeser as well.

Mark

A Dog Isnt Just For Christmas.........  Save a Bit For Boxing Day  !!!!!

Paul_Lincoln

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2004, 12:44:50 am »
I would use a product call Blitz from HydraMaster - its the dogs........

I had a free sample from them, give 'em a call 01209 710335

Dave_Lee

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2004, 04:50:00 pm »
Hi All,
'Spitfire' takes some beating on this type of problem. Done several pubs with substantial Tarmac areas - pre sprayed with Spitfire then extracted with Ultimate master - Superb results without over agitation.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

neil 47

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2004, 11:51:07 am »
paul   I popped into hydramster the other day and they gave me a sample of the blitz .
at what rate did you mix it and did you acid rinse it ?
as I havent used it yet

thanks
                 Neil
IICRC