Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

Ok guys in your opinion who makes the best porty?

Prochem
18.2%
16 (18.2%)
Alltec
11.4%
10 (11.4%)
Extracta
9.1%
8 (9.1%)
Ashbys
30.7%
27 (30.7%)
Other? ( please state )
30.7%
27 (30.7%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Voting closed: October 12, 2006, 07:11:46 am

*paul_moss

Re: BEST PORTY??
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2006, 07:53:18 pm »
Mike
I think you are talking about the older version machines ( Edge 1) The Edge 2 is very easy to work on,it opens up and all areas are easy to get at.
Had to put a new inline heater in recently and was straight forward, took 15 minutes.
Pump and vacs are easily accessable.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Mike Halliday

« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2006, 08:47:30 pm »
must be.

I changed the pumps motor on my mates and we could'nt get in to bolt it down & none of the high pressure solution lines could be undone because we could get a spanner in it was a git!! :P :P

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Steve Carpenter

« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2006, 09:43:21 pm »
The Kleenrite Edge 2 as Mike has said is great when it’s working; one of the best high performance extractors in the market, the pre-heat option is a godsend on trashed pub/club carpets. I agree servicing can be laborious with this machine, but the plug and go connectors help. You need to work on the vacs with the machine on its side and an assistant certainly helps. The in-line heater is a little more complex, as you can change either the thermostats or element depending on fault, or the complete unit.

You do however have to remove the pump motor assembly to service or replace the Pumptec pump. Which means removing the vac motors for better accessibility.

It’s worth putting together a toolbox to suit your specific machine i.e. long reach screwdrivers, socket sets and an assortment of open-ended and ratchet spanners, mole grips etc. It makes a world of difference in time and aggravation.

Also a magnetic pick up tool is useful for lost screws, nuts and washers.

Ask the manufacturer for recommended spare parts as well. Parts wear, so my advice is service regularly.

Also descale regularly and I prefer to use liquid cleaning agents with these plunger pumps over  powdered products, which can clog the ports and valves.

Since 1994 I have owned quite a few high-performance extractors ranging from 300 psi-1000 psi. The easiest so far to work on and service has been CFR. 

I think your currently spoilt for choice at the moment with the number of high performance portables in the market place. So I would look at ease of use, build quality, performance-what do you need, can I run longer hose lengths without the need to take it upstairs etc, accessibility for service and repair. Have a few demonstrations and then make your mind up!

Regards

Steve