This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

keith b

WFP pressurized tank trolley system?
« on: October 03, 2006, 03:20:43 pm »
Hi all window cleaners,

Please can you advise, as im not really clued-up about window cleaning or equipment needed.

Im interested in buying a `WFP Pressurized tank trolley system` to start a w/c business.

Questions:

1, Are they any good?

2, Can they be filled with water effectively from a RO tank system ? or must this be direct from main tap to give it pressure?

3, Can they be filled from 25ltr jerry cans via some sort of pressure pump?

thanks

dai

Re: WFP pressurized tank trolley system?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 08:28:13 pm »
Keith, Why do you want to go for a pressurised system?
1] Any system that pushes pure water at a good flow will serve the pupose.
2] You have to fill it with pure water, RO +Di Or DI ONLY
3] Water cannot be compressed, You could use a DI vessel connected to a garden tap, this could be expensive in hard water areas and not all houses have garden taps. You could use a battery powered compresser to pump air into a vessel.
Jouk designed one some time ago. The compressed air pushes the water up the pole.
I did see a system on E-bay that works by a similer method.
My advice would be to go for a backpack system. You can stick on of these on a shopping trolley. Omnipole is now doing one for under £200. This would get you into WFP. You can always build yourself a bigger system later if required. See Matt's site for details of how to do this, Or buy yourself a ready made system, It's up to you. Good luck. Dai

freshwater

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 08:50:10 pm »
dai,

you wally, keith is asing about the sort of system like the ionics cricket that uses a pressure tank, into which water can be fed under pressure, the bladder in the tank expands compressing the air in the in the tank, and the comressed air than squeezes the bladder to force the water back out again.

keith,

this type of system ie the cricket is only worth considering if you have verry low TDS in your water. Let us know the town & district where you live and I will give you a yes or no as to its suitability.

steve@freshwatersystems.co.uk

keith b

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 12:15:14 am »
Thanks for the replys guys,

Yes your right freshwater (steve), its the small metal diaphragm tank system on a trolley with fixed DI resin tubes attached that im looking to buy, it somehow works by pressurized air/water via a bladder.

I know this may sound slightly complicated, but my problem is i live in terraced house with no rear or side access to my back garden and no garage.

This means that everything has to go through the house that can fit through a standard size doorway.

My idea was to somehow set-up two 400ltr tanks in unison in the back garden to hold the RO tank system with the intention to fill eight or ten 25ltr jerry cans simultaneously, and then carry those jerry cans through the house to the van, and then fill the metal diaphragm tank from the jerry cans whilst on the road.

As im starting out, i don`t want to go for the one large tank in the van, as it will mean that i will have rip up the kitchen & hallway floor just to run a pipe to set up a outside tap in the front garden to fill the tank in the van.

I just want to window clean domestic properties via WFP, i thought backpacks were for traditional cleaning only? or am i wrong?

What do you think??? ??? any more thoughts or advice would be much appreciated!

Where can i buy this system?

Im in Romford, Essex, and the water is very hard.

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 01:17:13 am »
Keith run a supply pipe through the house it will be so much easier, even if you have the pipes above the floor clipped to a wall or skirting who is going to notice if they are painted? backpacks are for wfp and I would suggest that you look at a lot of the previous posts to gain a little more knowledge of window cleaning.
Sussex by the sea

freshwater

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2006, 08:33:05 am »
Keith,

Filling the presurised tank from jerry cans will require a pump, a small 12 pump should be OK nut it will take some time as, as you get nearer to the full up point the pump will find it hard to fight against the pressure in the pressurised tank. You need to select your tank and pump carefully, so you get the fullest fill.

keith b

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2006, 09:48:47 am »
Thanks guys,

Question for Chris:

If i were to go for the large tank in a van system with RO + DI filtering.
Roughly how long does it take to fill a 18ltr backpack with purified water from the tank?

geefree

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2006, 06:06:23 pm »
hi, i thought i would just use this on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140033584362&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:UK:1

then take it in a couple of big containers to my van ,

and fill my backpack straight from the containers,

is this ok?

and would anything else be needed to make the water each evening,

could you please have a quick look..

thanks.

gary.

freshwater

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2006, 06:18:10 pm »
I would not waste my money on a 75 gpd system and at £96. I would go for at the min a 100 GPD, preferably 200 GPD.

go have a look at http://www.freshwatersystems.co.uk/aquatic_ro_systems.htm

100 GPD at only £76 (delivery only £6) and a 200GPD at £124 (delivery included).

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2006, 09:35:35 pm »
Thanks guys,

Question for Chris:

If i were to go for the large tank in a van system with RO + DI filtering.
Roughly how long does it take to fill a 18ltr backpack with purified water from the tank?
If you have a van system then I would imagine you could pump the water into a shureflo backpack and fill it very quickly, others will proberly be able to help you more I havent got a van setup yet but its the way I will go,  I certaintly dont like refilling the backpack from 25ltr containers maybe I'm just getting old and lazy ;D   
Sussex by the sea

keith b

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2006, 10:32:18 pm »
thanks all!