This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

S_RICHARDSON

Ladders
« on: October 01, 2006, 08:39:58 am »
Does any have the problem of hittings while carrying ladders on their shoulders or is it just me?   ???       ???        ???         ???

reah

Re: Ladders
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 08:53:33 am »
Hey
bang the odd gate, fence now and again.

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 02:59:59 pm »
Does any have the problem of hittings while carrying ladders on their shoulders or is it just me?   ???       ???        ???         ???

It's a knack.  I carry mine by standing them up by my right side, with the narrower ladder towards me.  I then pick them up by the third or fourth rung from the ground; on the outside ladder, resting the ladders against my shoulder as I do.

They balance nicely at an angle on my shoulder.

It just takes a bit of practice that's all.

I know what you mean though.  I saw a new window cleaner recently carrying his ladders and he looked really awkward.

neil100

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 05:01:28 pm »
No.

Its just you mate.

The more you use them the better you will be.

Eventually the ladder becomes an extension of your arm and you will develop a 6th sense when going round corners and flicking the ladder under washing lines and around obstacles.

Nel.

eddie d

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 05:06:57 pm »
there is a knack to it and it takes about 20 years to learn,so keep practicing ;D ;D

reah

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2006, 05:09:31 pm »
Hey
do you use pointers or open.

JohnL

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2006, 05:17:46 pm »
Carry them upright like Tosh but there is a downside - a couple of years ago I was working a 6 week job ( painting & decorating ) and about 3 weeks into the job on a Monday morning I walked the ladder round a corner of the house and to my surprise I near enough ripped a Sky dish off the wall.

They had it installed on the Saturday so it was new - how was I to know?  they laughed but still had to get the fitter out to realign it!   ;D

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

Richy L

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2006, 12:56:16 pm »
i carry mine the same way Tosh has desribed.
It is funny watching someone carry ladders for the first time.
Its all about the ballance!

glimmer man

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2006, 02:48:21 pm »
its easy really mate balance is the key as mentioned.You will feel when it is right as the ladder will seem very easy and manageable to hold.I carry the bucket in my left and the ladder in my right and have been known to grab the pointer as well.Not stength required just balance. Its like scaffolders with the big twenty odd foot poles, if you don t know the knack they are a night mare.Soon as you know it becomes a doodle. Don t think it should take twenty years though as someone said ;D it ain t rocket science. good luck mate.
TONY

bumper

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2006, 02:53:04 pm »
 hit the odd bus now and then,and knocked a old ladys head of as she was following  me down the path.

glimmer man

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2006, 02:55:13 pm »
guess thats why your called bumper mate ;D
TONY