This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

steve_t_84

About to test the market
« on: September 30, 2006, 04:50:53 pm »
So...

After getting laid off from my previous job (Window (Including Ab Sailing)/ Carpet/ general cleaning) I have decieded to go and try my hand at the self imployed side of things. I invested in some decent kit (No WFP yet) and managed to get a good quility ladder for free. I was working on some flyers and it just dawned on me that I have no idea where to start with them.

I know I'm going to have to go canvasing also but I want to make a good impression with the flyers.

So, any advice on what to include???

As for canvasing, I've been thinking about getting a couple of shirts made with a logo to give a more professional image. Would this be a good idea?

I'm also thinking about including the cleaning of gutters so any tips on that???

Any advice would be greatly appreciated....
Cheers
S. taylor

geefree

Re: About to test the market
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 05:56:51 pm »
Hi

these are a bunch of great guys on here with help coming from all directions, i only started a few weeks ago, and could not,,, and still cant do it without all these helpful people...

but to save you waiting , sometimes its easier to search old postings for your answers.....

just type in a keword... and all our old questions are there ... and answers..

i  cant be of any more help to you yet as i am learning...

but it wont be long before all your questions are answered anyhow...

gary.

TVCS

Re: About to test the market
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 07:28:09 pm »
Good advice from gazza.
Using the search part of the forum will find you pretty much the answer to any question you can think of, the meaning of life, everything.

But as far as the shirts go, a good image will seperate you from the cowboys doing windows to earn beer money.  I personally think a professional appearance gives you a bit of a head start when door knocking. 
Look in the document section on the forum as there are flyer templates on there which you can use or just use for ideas.
Good luck with your new venture.
Ant
TVCS
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)