This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paula

Starting from scratch!
« on: May 01, 2004, 09:54:42 pm »
Hello,

I am going to be starting my own cleaning company shortly and I'm a bit worried about intially getting business. Any advice for a the new girl on the block?  ???

Lesley J

Re: Starting from scratch!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2004, 07:38:04 pm »
Advertise in local paper with an editorial, leaflet where you wish to operate, (do this yourself )bang on doors, pubs, clubs, offices, etc.  talk to people about what you can do, be enthusiastic, make sure there is someone to answer the phone, have a sense of humour,
best of luck
lesley :-*
Lesley Tyrrell

Paula

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2004, 01:05:06 am »
Thanks for the advice...  ;)

Just a cleaner.

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2004, 03:59:23 pm »
My first contract came from having the bare faced cheek to undercut my employer.  Now after 4 years I have 10 contracts and quite a few repeat one of customers.

The rest I got from doing mail shots.  I'm in yellow pages and get about 10 enquiries a week from that.  It's impossible to take on all the work I keep getting asked to do - I can't find the staff.
When all the trees have been felled, and all the rivers are poisoned, we will dicover that we can't eat money.

timeform

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2004, 11:17:12 pm »
what ever you make sure that you dont buy a GLOBAL CLEANING CONTRACT could damage your wealth