Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stevegunn

Help dye stain
« on: April 26, 2004, 09:14:52 pm »
Anyone got any ideas how to remove a red dye stain.The stain is from red crape paper that was wrapped round the pot.Servicemaster have already been out but could not remove it.Any ideas ???

Ken Wainwright

Re: Help dye stain
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2004, 09:43:34 pm »
Red RX

or

Chemspec do a superb product called Helpmate Coffee Stain Remover Kit. For use on most colour added stains. Superb product in a 2 part kit, can be used in various ways. Probably for this you'd use the hot iron/wet towel method.

or

One Step Zip it type spotter. Works even better hot. I've had very good results with this and a steamer, but not quite perfect.

or

Sodium Metabisulphite (Spray N' Go) works sometimes.

Safe and happy cleaning:)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Len Gribble

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2004, 10:29:54 pm »
Care Steve I had a similar request from a customer a few months ago where Safe clean were unable to remove a mark, in the past I had been very successful but on this occasion no joy, I always apprise the customer to the negative side and got them to sign a waver.

You did not state what type of carpet it is or colure.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Dynafoam

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2004, 03:16:49 am »
Steve,

I'd recommend pretty much the same as Ken, except that from Chemspec I go for their Juice and Dye Remover.

However, not knowing what Servicemaster have done already, Lens' advice regarding customer expectations applies moreso than usual.

John.

stevegunn

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2004, 06:19:20 pm »
Decided against doing this job as Servicemaster had already tried to remove the stain and the customer expected the stain to be removed completely plus she would not sign my waiver form there's just no helping some people.

Len Gribble

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2004, 10:29:11 pm »
Steve

Hope some of the newbie’s by that new to carpet cleaning are taking note of this!

Although not knowing all the facts on this job it reminds me of a job a few years ago, where I was requested to remove a stain, looking at the carpet I thought it also need cleaning then I got complacent did not ask the customer has any one else tried to remove the stain or get the waiver signed. Sadly unable to remove then the customer said the insurance company sent other chap he couldn’t ether, ask who was this then? Lucky for me I knew him made my excuses to go to the van and phoned him, he’s words walk away the insurance Co are not paying out as they consider it Wilful Damage by her using a fly-by-night CC. I like to think I’m a knight in shining armour couldn’t wait to get in the van a drive away.  What is the moral of this don’t get complacent follow your procedures I now have this on my waiver has any one cleaned this carpet or tried to remove the stain.

Steve you could give some customer £1k and the want £1.5k and it’s only worth .50p not that I would give them anything!

Len (now watch your back Len)
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Derek

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2004, 11:00:25 pm »
Len

No need to watch your back you are correct with your comments.

If damage has occured in any way then the person who originally caused the damage is liable and has to be given the opportunity of rectifying the damage by the owner.

If you are subsequently called in and proceed to operate on the damaged item then you immediately accept all liability for the damaged item ...

This is a walk away scenario..

Derek

Alan_Kennedy

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2004, 11:22:41 pm »
Good advice about damage waiver. Can someone give a few pointers regarding wording of waiver?

Alan Kennedy

Len Gribble

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2004, 11:25:05 pm »
Derek

It was never meant to be watch you back Len par say  I only change it to this on this thread as I’ve been call St Gribble in the past.

I’m hoping that new cc read these posts/threads and doesn’t slip up as I nearly did.

Len

Derek

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2004, 09:54:09 am »
Hi Len

We are all tempted to be the hero at some point...just the once!

Derek

Dynafoam

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2004, 10:44:16 pm »
Derek,

Too true, sage one!

The problem with 'being a hero' is that a failed attempt results in a failed hero - whereas explaining to a client that you would love to take their money, but the likelyhood of sucess is so small that concience does not permit, results in you becoming a true hero (and you can cash in the brownie points so earned at a later date  :D )

John.

Len Gribble

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2004, 11:52:35 pm »
Derek & John

I did not take any money for my efforts, didn’t get any brownie points but got gold ones a few months later, even the rich are bargain hunters and have there fingers burnt some times, the insurance Co did not pay out.

Sage two! Failed hero’s it may cost you so take care!

(Len the very ex knight in shining armour)

Alan it’s a part of my T/C I would love to give this out but my brother (solicitor) has sole copy rights, yes he is a sob and I don’t cleaning his carpets.

Len