This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

matt

any1 else feeling "cheesed off" with window cleaning
« on: September 13, 2006, 08:53:02 pm »
This week i had monday off, as i went away for a long weekend in the campervan ;) (first time using it)

Ive really not been in the mood for it this week

sure i can earn good money, im my own boss

but i just feel like i need a change

any1 else going through the "blues"

Sir Squeaky

Re: any1 else feeling "cheesed off" with window cleaning
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 08:57:28 pm »
Absolutely mate.

Been a few months now.
Can't motivate myself.

Can't remember more than one really big day recently.
Same old thing, day in, day out for nearly 10 years now..... :(

james cairns

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 09:08:08 pm »
used to be ok with it now I do wfp and I am depressed lol

jinky

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 09:13:31 pm »
September is my favourate month; it's a great job this time of year.

I've got loads of work comming in; another window cleaner has dropped out; and I'm quite enjoying taking on the new work.

Mind you, I rarely work by myself these days, and I think that helps.

It's normally around December/January when I get a downer with work; purely because of the weather, but then again, I'm looking forward to March/April and the Summer.

I've had a worse job, so I guess this keeps me motivated.

marc al

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 09:23:04 pm »
  Matt, I am having one of those weeks too, I had monday off and went to Snetterton on my motorbike for a day on the track, I am now knackered and not interested inwork, although last week I did a massive week and also had a record month in August.

Should be better again next week, I think taking Mondays off is a bad thing, will stick to Fridays in furture, luckily it is Friday again very soon.

Marc

P®oPole™

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 09:36:53 pm »
Ups & Downs fellas.

This week has been quite good to me although I had to let my lad go so im now recruiting. last week was rubbish and next week might be to, but the week after who knows?

Had monday off done a few bits in the office  ;D had a couple of jobs come in so wern't all bad.

Tuesday I had to let my lad go due to unforseen curicumstances which occurred, it was the first day I have ever worked alone wfp since last year. Had a blinder, done the same amount of work of two men and went home with it all in my back burner sweet.

Today I had a distinct oppurtunity of cleaning a fleet of trucks come my way, fingers crossed. I also canvassed domestic for about an hour got 4 new ones, 3 front and backs and one front £67 Sweet.

Tommorow I will be workin alone again which I dont seem to mind its quite peacefull. I got a couple of beautys lined up for tommorow so its gonna be another good one, start late, home early happy days.

Might have friday off  ;D ;D ;D

Ups & Downs fellas im preparing myself for the long hard winter ahead, also does anyone have trouble canvassing in the winter?

I spent to many days lounging in the sun I have alot of cathing up to do. Strangely im looking foward to it.

Regards
ProPole

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2006, 09:40:06 pm »
hi proman
we all get days like this at sometime but that's the joy of our job

you choose when you wanna work

i can't think of anything better
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

D woods

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2006, 09:44:19 pm »
Hi Guys
Most people get fed up with there job now and then, but can you think
of any other semi skilled work that provides the same opportunity's that window cleaning does.

s.hughes

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2006, 10:03:40 pm »
Matt, never have Monday off if you can help it. I never work Friday as its the end of the week but to have Monday off just messes up the rest of the week. Theres just no way you can get motivated when in the back of your mind you know you've lost a days wages.
I get fed up with it but I keep telling myself that I would do with any job no matter how good it is, and lets face it, could you earn as much if you worked for someone else.

Steve

rosskesava

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2006, 10:13:23 pm »
I was thinking exactly the same thing about Monday's.

Everytime we don't work a Monday the rest of the week is a diaster so come what may, we always work a Monday.

Cheers

neil100

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2006, 10:20:48 pm »
Nope.

I never get down, its about having a happy disposition. I suppose that helps.

I allways think of the nusery ryme. "The King was in his counting house counting out His money"

That will be me at the end of each day. Lets be honest some poor local will be working all week for what we can earn in a day.

Some of us have never had it so good.

Nel.

matt

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2006, 10:35:19 pm »
Nope.

I never get down, its about having a happy disposition. I suppose that helps.

I allways think of the nusery ryme. "The King was in his counting house counting out His money"

That will be me at the end of each day. Lets be honest some poor local will be working all week for what we can earn in a day.

Some of us have never had it so good.

Nel.

more to life than money though

ive got to a stage where i work to keep my biz going, its nothing to do with the money......... sad i know

it doesnt help that ive just paid for next years holiday, and virgin credit card has jut offered me 0% till june next year, so im in no rush to pay my Credit card (for the holiday)

ive enough cash in the bank for spending money for my holiday

so i think, why am i working ?? ?? ??

i dunno know, i really need a kick up the backside

matt

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2006, 10:36:34 pm »
oh and also, im upto date with my work, this doesnt happen often

pjulk

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2006, 11:13:51 pm »
I get cheesed off sometimes but usually still carry on.
But every now and then i will be out working for a few hours and think sod it i going home.
Then i will end up having to take the wife shopping.

After that im usually happy to carry on working.  :D

Paul

captain lard

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2006, 11:52:56 pm »
Try working in an office for 22 years and I will show you cheesed off,resigned a year ago come 23/9/05.

groundhog

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2006, 12:06:15 am »
I got cheesed off after 4 Months using wfp :( So I got out my ladders, and now I enjoy my job again :)  I still use wfp, but only when I have to ;)

KJG

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2006, 02:12:26 am »
I think any thing, even something you really like, that becomes a 'job' gets tedious.

Five or six years ago, I was absolutely mad on web designing - mainly Java Scripting. Couldn't wait to get in from work to get on the computer. Everything else, the missus, meals, or even taking a crap was a nuisance that just got in the way.

However, when I started getting some freelance coding work and it became a job, I got bored with it ???

pylofm

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2006, 06:38:28 am »
I'm a newbie and think that window cleaning is fantastic and the world is a really wonderfull place and I love you all.. ;D

Had 5 quotes last night and walked away with 145 quid worth of work, got another 5 quotes tonight....

2 large detatched house's to do today and then leafleting until next tuesday....

david68

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2006, 10:43:49 am »
Hi
If there is anybody "cheesed off" in Birmingham, send me ur customers ....thanks

Dave.... ;)
David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

geefree

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2006, 10:48:01 am »
hey dave,

they pay good money in holland for windows cleaned  ;)

I have worked in sales for ten years and if i would have taken monday or friday off ,,, i would have been sacked.

If i did not bring in set amounts of new customers and targets not met,,,, i would have been sacked..

If i thought sod it im off home,   yep! sacked..

puts things in perspective this wonderful game eh?

Gary.