This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jr windows

what size tank/system?
« on: September 12, 2006, 08:42:33 pm »
I currently 6-7 hours days per week, 5 days per week, traditional window cleaning what size tank/system do I need. I live in Anglesey am I better going for DI or an RO system? thanks for your help again, Jason

ps Dai I sent you an email, just wondered if you got it?

freshwater

Re: what size tank/system?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 09:25:54 pm »
From reading the post on the site for a few months the norm would apper to 200-300 litres a day once you get proficient.

I would reckon in your neck of the woods your water will quite soft. So DI will provide the most cost effective initial set up, however even in softwater areas RO can prove to more cost effective over the long term.

Three important factors that will point you in the right direction are:- water pressure, TDS (total dissolved solids in your water) and hardness.

You can probably get answers to all the above from your water supply company. If your water is soft and has low TDS eg 100 or less then consider DI. If your TDS is higher & you have good pressure 50psi (3 bar) and above then consider RO.

With a TDS of 100 DI will cost about  £8 per 1000 litres to run.
With as TDS of 50 DI will cost about  £4 per 1000 litres to run.

With higher TDS 100-200 a decent spec (not the cheap crap)RO will cost about  £1.70 per 1000 litres to run.

If you are on a water meter your water costs on a DI system will be about £2 per 1000 litres, but with the waste on RO they will at least double to £4 per 1000 litres.

Pros & Cons. The DI is simple you can hook it up to any water supply any where for instant pure water, but its cost more to run in the long term. The RO needs to be connected to a supply over night or you will need a static tank at home which will fill over 24 hours, you will than transfer this your tank in van, car or trailer.

If you need any pricing or further advice drop us an e-mail or place a reply on this post.

steve@freshwatersystems.co.uk