This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

geefree

NEED SPEED
« on: September 12, 2006, 02:01:06 pm »
Hi all,]

I did 3 awkward ish semis this morning , not within walking distance,

it took me nearly two hours, was boiling dripping with sweat , needed a bloody break after them,..

cant wait to get faster and fitter,

Think is i have a full day then two off, then a steady day, etc... so just when i am getting in to it i have days off through no work,

so its hard again when i have another full day,..

if you know what i mean,

will be glad when its every day 

Gary

ps great videos dave, 

david68

Re: NEED SPEED
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 02:07:51 pm »
Gazza i have same problem, all my round is done in 3days..... :-\

Thats taking things easy.

Then when they finally return its like .......learning again.

Glad you like video clips

Dave
David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

david68

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 02:11:49 pm »
But good news today, i  got complete fascia and guttering to supply and fit for a large house.

Dave
David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

jeff1

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 02:12:44 pm »
Both of you guy's Dave & Gazza will go far, stick with it, and in time the customers, the skill, and the money will all come to you.
well done guy's, but you will be glad of your days off, so make the most of them. ;D

jeff1

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 02:13:44 pm »
But good news today, i  got complete fascia and guttering to supply and fit for a large house.

Dave
Dave your supposed to clean them not fit them  ;D

david68

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 02:16:22 pm »
Have lots of DIY to do.
Done my first conservatory build, i'm impressed...... :D

Conservatory guys wanted £12000 i built the same for £4000 with furniture.

So i will keep cleaning those windows.....lol

Dave
David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

david68

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2006, 02:17:18 pm »
Thought this was hard work for £20.......LOL......... ;D

Dave
David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

jeff1

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2006, 02:31:28 pm »
If you two guys clean guttering and facia's then  Verbally let all your customers know you offer this service.

I have had this one customer for six years, each time I leave a ticket in her door, saying when I will call back for payment,and on this ticket it lists the services that I offer.

when I was speaking to her last friday, she was telling me her husband has to clean there guttering over the week-end, and wasn't looking forward to it, when I told her that I do guttering, she was supprised and said she never noticed this on my ticket, so just by mentioning the service I picked up £75 worth of work.

Its worth a mention to them, as from now on, I will verbally tell all my customers of the guttering cleaning service I offer.

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2006, 05:18:28 pm »
I advertise my gutter, soffit and facia cleaning on my 'Your window cleaner has been' chit.

I get at least two per month; but sometimes many more.

I save them up for a rainy day when I want to work; but it's chucking down.

pjulk

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2006, 12:25:06 am »
Also mention to your customers that you clean insides.

I was doing a conservatory clean today and we were talking and the woman said its going to rain thursday what will you do.

I said thats ok as i have some customers i can call on and clean there inside windows also have a few gutter jobs to do.

She said because you have that pole thingy i didn't think you did insides.

Anyway she said i can do her inside also when it rains if i have time.

So let all your customer know all the jobs you do as you will get plenty of work from it.

Every week i have my work set out on a monday for the week but nearly every week i squeeze another couple of £100 worth of extras in ( ie gutters, conservatories and inside cleans, new cleans) that were not planned.

Paul

geefree

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2006, 09:10:00 am »
thanks lads for you help,

How do you price gutter + facia cleaning ( north)... and what would i use to clean facias,..

I Cleaned a smoke filled inside of a bungalow yesterday, (old lady)... it was horrid , brown water everywhere, from the smoke stained windows,

luckily i was catching water before it hit the sill and she wasnt bothered anyway as her home was , well lets say it just a mess,

But can i ask you pros , how do you clean inside without making a mess, water etc.... ?  as i will no doubt come across lovely homes with the customer watching my every move

cheers for any help

Gary.

ps trev, ian, have you deleted a couple of posts? here

david68

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2006, 09:33:11 am »
Gazza
I just use water and fairy to clean gutters and fascia, But i also use my 30 ft wf pole so as i don,t need to go up the ladder.

But if they are really dirty marks then i use upvc cream or solvent chemical.

Can't advise on charging prices yet......as i have not got  this right myself yet

Dave
David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

jeff1

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2006, 09:40:29 am »
Hi Gaz
when doing insides I have my applicator below my blade to catch the water,
when I first started I used to put an old towel down the bottom, so if anyone is watching at least your doing all you can to prevent any mess.

As for guttering I don't know about the north but  here the south, I ask a £1 mtr but dont forget to count any pourch/garage or any extra guttering around the property.

david68

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2006, 09:44:25 am »
Jeff is that £1 metre for gut & Fasica?

Also what if they are really dirt, upvc white gone green due to never cleaned.

Anothr question do u clean with any special chemical....?

Dave
David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

jeff1

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2006, 12:14:02 pm »
Jeff is that £1 metre for gut & Fasica?

Also what if they are really dirt, upvc white gone green due to never cleaned.

Anothr question do u clean with any special chemical....?

Dave
Dave yes thats what I charge and depending how dirty they are this can go up.

I use no special chemicals just fairy and water, even fetches the green off, these one's take a little longer so price accordingly.
To clean the facia's and soffit's doesn't take long at all, the guttering is the time consumer, get all the cr*p out, if they have an external hose run the hose into the guttering just to make sure there are no blockages in the down pipe. then start the external clean of guttering etc.

I get on average £50/60 for three bed semi, more if they are bad. for an average two hours work.

Some guys on here use there water fed to clean the lot so you will have to ask them about there methods.
The only time I use a mains wfp is if I have to clean the guttering above a conservatorie.