This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave hook

advise on di/ro
« on: September 12, 2006, 10:50:19 am »
Just bought a van with a wfp system already instelled. The van was originally from scotland where im told they have "soft" water. The problem is theres only a DI system installed and i dont think it can cope with the harder water in sheffield as my windows are spotting. Is installing an RO system easy and do you all think it would be the answer to my problems???????? HELP PLEASE IM FRUSTRATED!
Money makes my world go round!

Tim Morton

Re: advise on di/ro
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 02:04:41 pm »
Hi there Dave, can you plumb in an outside tap? if you can then installing a ro system yourself should pose no big problems to you. Just follow the instructions, read them carefully twice BEFORE you start.

Any difficulties, just pose any questions here and post any pics of your probs and someone here will be able to answer you.

Tim
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe!!
Craigavon, N.Ireland

freshwater

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 02:14:28 pm »
Dave,

Yes the water is getting worse in Sheffield especially in the summer when they have to mix more hard water in to the supply.

ROs are easy to install. You can fit it in your can or at home. If you fit it in your van you will have leave your van hooked up to the water supply over night. OR if you fit it at home you will need a tank to store the water and a transfer pump to get it into you van, but your van is free to use any time. I prefer the tank at home method.

Installation in a van or at home is quite straightforward. You need a water supply and a drain or somewhere to direct your wastewater. If you gave an outside tap the its a simple a connecting a hose pipe, otherwise you may need to a bit of plumbing.

We are in Hull, just down the road from you. If you care to give us a call 01482348200 or send an e-mail with your details we can point you in the right direction and supply any bits of kit of need.

steve@freshwatersystems.co.uk

sair

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 02:26:09 pm »
we sell this to many just bolt in and away you go comes with a split charger kit as well you would just need the panel makes about 3-5 liters aminute o7944 227635 purewatersales@tiscali.co.uk
Essentially Pure Ltd

Dave hook

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 02:38:14 pm »
Thanks for the replies lads.
  Is there any way that i could fill my tank with tap water then use a merlin ro system followed by a 10" filter and di vessel to produce pure water as and when i wanted it or is this just not possible? Would there be to much of the water in tank wasted if it isnt already pure???
Money makes my world go round!

freshwater

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 08:52:18 pm »
ROs need pressure, the water in a tank in a van has no pressure. What about a pump?, there are no 12volt pumps that will give you the volume of water at the pressure needed to work a Merlin. For top performance you would need 85 litres per min at 80psi, the average 12volt booster pump will produce about 1.4 litres per min at 80psi so you are gona need a lot of pumps to make it work.

AND the other problem is waste water, for every litre of pure you produce you would waste about 4 or 5 litres, so even with a 1000 litres you would only end up with a 200 litres at best.

steve@freshwatersystems.co.uk