This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

james cairns

poles at a fair price
« on: September 09, 2006, 05:56:04 pm »
I am in the market for several 30 ft poles
guys I like the weight of carbon facelift poles
but the price of gardiners fibre glass poles

is there any poles out there that meet in the middle

a fair priced  pole at a fair weight

jinky

Extremeclean

Re: poles at a fair price
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 06:35:59 pm »
Have a look at the Brodex eco lite poles.  Just one thing to watch though... the pole wont be the length you might think...  It says reach not actual length but have some and find them to be very good.

http://www.brodexbms.co.uk/poles.htm

james cairns

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 08:38:49 pm »
extreme how do you find them at 30ft for weight and whip

jinky

Extremeclean

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 09:02:56 pm »
We only have them up to 25ft but we find them a pleasure to use.

The weight is very managable and the whip isnt bad at all.

If you do get any of these make sure you change the hose that is supplied with them though. Its awfull stuff. We changed it to the normal clear hose and its much better. Maybe if you stated you wanted the clear hose to Brodex they would do it for you. Another thing. Brodex arent averse to a bit of cost cutting to get a deal.

abacus

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2006, 10:14:50 pm »
Hi jinky
what do you call a fair price ?

I paid about £200 give or take its ionices multi pole light enough I buy them as my local supplier has them in stock and its easy to get the bits for them even new sections when some idiot leaves them standing agaist the wall to fall over even though he knows he shouldnt  oops

5x 6ft sections not to much wip easy to handle has the ajustable neck but dont buy with the brush they dont last that long and the drag is a lot more than others

regards grant
A service you can count on
SAFEcontractor approved

james cairns

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2006, 10:44:45 pm »
its a hard one grant I have an unger pole 30ft and find the clamps aukward
clumpsy and the top wippy, also the goose neck i purchased for it is angled slightly downwards, so the top of the brush is hitting the window rather than an even hit

I am sick of buying inadequate equipment for the job only to pay more cash later

we want to put a drive on 3 storey work with doing high numbers so we need to move quick with poles

I thought about purchasing 2 facelift carbon poles at a cost of £1400 plus vat the poles are 3kg with the brush on, I would go cheaper for poles if I was getting close to this weight as we want to batter numbers and lightness is a big issue

can you get fibre glass poles with the same lightness for say £250 each
can the new modular poles from gardiners stand up to this constant use

I am talking about using poles allday all week

any help greatly appreciated

jinky

JM123

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2006, 12:43:28 am »
here's a pic of the brodex ecolite 25ft pole we supply.  Really nice pole to work with although I agree with extreme - the standard hose is rubbish - ask brodex to change it or change it yourself (5 min job)

£166+ VAT + Del
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

JM123

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2006, 12:46:00 am »
as you can see the pole is fairly rigid and weighs in at 2.3Kg (25ft) plus the weight of the brush (approx 600grams I think)

Ballymena N.I

james cairns

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2006, 06:43:26 am »
jm are you better to go 39ft incase you come up short

noticed there were 2 on the website trident and commercial is that the commercial in the pic , does the goose neck come of the trident, like the idea of gooseneck as it keeps water from running down your arm, is the gooseneck suitable for domestic 3 storey or are you better using the commercial pole

just a thought- but hay their prices are fair

jinky

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2006, 09:02:40 am »
Just a thought, when closed will it fit inside your van on freezing days ? More sections mean longer closed length when hose inside the pole.

james cairns

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2006, 09:54:24 am »
jeff all my poles have the hose outside, these hoses are kept in the van
and the poles are stored in a 8ft van guard pole holder, you can get about 4 or 5 poles in a 6 inch holder

going to fit another holder to give increase storage

jinky

james cairns

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2006, 11:39:20 am »
one for jm maybe are you better to spend the difference on brodex carbon 30ft

which costs an extra £132, is the extra justified would it last longer, less whip

any suggestions appreciated

jinky

JM123

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2006, 06:03:10 pm »
jm are you better to go 39ft incase you come up short

noticed there were 2 on the website trident and commercial is that the commercial in the pic , does the goose neck come of the trident, like the idea of gooseneck as it keeps water from running down your arm, is the gooseneck suitable for domestic 3 storey or are you better using the commercial pole

just a thought- but hay their prices are fair

jinky

Go for 39ft if you think you may need it - if not then why spend the extra? and have the extra weight?.

The one in the pic is commercial (angle adjuster), the gooseneck is glued on but unless your customers have very deep sills there's no need for it - the commercial will do.

one for jm maybe are you better to spend the difference on brodex carbon 30ft

which costs an extra £132, is the extra justified would it last longer, less whip

any suggestions appreciated

jinky

If you are going to use the pole alot then for sure the carbon is worth the extra - its stronger, lighter and will last longr than any glass-fibre pole will.  It doesn't whip around as much but then again the gf doesn't whip much either - probably the best gf pole available. 

All in if you are going to use the pole for a lot of work then go carbon, we use the gf as it does the job for us and as you can se from the pic it is resting on the window at a fair angle and isn't bending a lot - tis tells you 2 things:
1) It is rigid
2) It is light.

Please note the brush on the pole pictured is a salmon brush, Brodex only supply Vikan but we can send you a Salmon brush if desired.

Regards

Ballymena N.I

abacus

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2006, 06:07:48 pm »
Hi jinky
 the ones I use are light enough to use all day will try to get the weight for you tommorow

looks similar to the one in the posted in this thread but better internal hose used it comes with an ajustable neck so you are always working at the right angle Im not muscle cart but can use this all day if you want you put a ferral on the top to take a goose neck I have one with a ferral on the top pluss an ajuster that fits into the ferral with ajsting neck on it so you can use what evcer you want the ajusting neck is my fav for domestics as you can get the right angle whatever the obsticles conservatories ect

will get price an weight in the morning

regards grant
SAFEcontractor approved

james cairns

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2006, 06:55:34 am »
hi guys thanks for your imput and will taje them into consideration when I purchase

the brodex poles are starting to swing it for me, just like the make up of the pole and at a fair price

question for jm do I purchase from brodex or yourself , just wondered if they hold the market for uk and yourself for ireland, if so do I need to contact you for the brushes, quite liked the brush on the pole in the pic

could you tell me more about it
regarding type of jets costs etc
also when I purchase from brodex is the price on their site enclude the brush
and can I deduct this cost from the pole if I do noy require their brush or hose

do you have a website that I can visit

any help appreciated

jinky

abacus

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2006, 03:29:56 pm »
Hi jinky
as promised
multi pole by Ionics 30ft £189.95 + vat  4.95kg with ionics brush I think brush is extra

Have started dealing with varitech  very helpful good prices they have the new vikan brush without red trim and without the split end filiments and they do the fan jets if required

they have a ecoline 32ft pole with double trim brush or new vikan brush at £135.15 +vat carrage to scotland is about £9.00  pole weight 4.5 kg or
39ft pole and brush at £152.15 + vat wieght 6.6kg

Just for the record I do NOT have any connection with them other than buying from them.

hope this is some help

regards grant

SAFEcontractor approved

abacus

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2006, 03:49:38 pm »
Hi
sorry varitech no 01752 263333
grant
SAFEcontractor approved

james cairns

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2006, 04:25:18 pm »
thanks grant just checking everything out right now as I have several to buy

spoke to a chap about the new modular poles from alex and

they sould really interesting 35ft 1.6kg so patience might be a virtue on this occasion

jinky

JM123

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2006, 07:36:29 pm »
Hi jinky

Sorry for not replying a little sooner, I've been in Braehead for the last few days (snowboarding with a swollen ankle).  If you are on the mainland it would probably be cheaper for you to order direct fom Brodex, for customers in Ireland it works out a little cheaper from us.

Hope this helps.

Ballymena N.I

JM123

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2006, 07:42:34 pm »
about the brushes.  You can order these from myself, the brush pictured is a 12inch salmon - £25 +del.  We do a whole range of brushes so if you want pictures please let me know and I'll e-mail pictures and prices to you. 

As for the jets, you can have anything from 1mm - 3mm pencil jets or 1.5mm fan jets.  Fan jets are +£10 (fitted).  If ordering from Brodex they will not reduce the price for not including the brush - there is no extra to pay for the 16"Vikan though.

All in the brush pictured is:

166+VAT for the pole
25Inc VAT for the brush
10Inc VAT for the fan jets.

Ballymena N.I