Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

vangaurd

here we go again
« on: September 08, 2006, 02:08:46 pm »
ads like this, carpets £10.00 3 piece £20.00
half price offer any 2 for £25.00 the clowns are back in town
give it up lads customers dont buy crap anymore
if you want to compete charge a decent price as the custy will take you for what you seem john wayne springs to mind

calmore

Re: here we go again
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 03:14:25 pm »
Problem is, customers believe it and think that anyone who charges more is ripping them off!

I have had people book a job only to cancel it a few days later 'cos they get one of those cheap flyers.

Also, after having a cheap job done they are reluctant to book anyone else 'cos they think all carpet cleaners are crap like the one they just experienced!
Calmore Carpet Cleaning-Southampton
www.calmore.com

Southern PAT Services
www.southernpatservices.com/

martin19842

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 04:59:12 pm »
hi there

customer rang me this morning, can i celan carpets this afternoon in a house they are moving into.

i can it will cost £xxxxx, 

oh i've got a cheaper quote.  --- fine off you go to that person then!!!

im not buying work, i did that years ago!!!!!!!!

regards

martin

*paul_moss

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 05:00:33 pm »
Martin I take the same stance. ;)
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

bennymon

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 06:24:18 pm »
customer asked price for stairs and lounge i said £80 they said im not paying that my 3 bed house in lincoln was cleaned for £70 i told her it might be an idea to pay for the petrol to get him to guildford  ;)

Damian

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2006, 07:15:14 pm »
hi there

customer rang me this morning, can i celan carpets this afternoon in a house they are moving into.

i can it will cost £xxxxx, 

oh i've got a cheaper quote.  --- fine off you go to that person then!!!

im not buying work, i did that years ago!!!!!!!!
Just a thought Martin-seeing as you had the time to fit this job in, did you not see the potential benefits of going in at a lower price than you usually charge to obviously get the job(if you have the time make money) and then educate th customer while working into becoming a regular custy? Ive had this scenario before and being the grabbing g3t i am ive done it then spouted on and they are now good yearly custy's! Just a thought?  :D

Regards

Damian.
Kids for the ex-missus. The fireblade is my baby!!

Steve Chapman

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2006, 07:46:28 pm »
obviously if you have fixed prices then it's good to stick to them in the main,  but a bit of friendly bartering never really hurt!

I've compromised before on price only to have the customer pay the original price once they've seen the quality of the job!

Just a thought 8)

martin19842

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2006, 09:48:27 pm »
hi there

damian --  i agree with that

but hey FRIDAY AFTERNOON !!!!!

my guys were on site all day so all the overheads and profit covered for the day

i have found that its better to work smart rather than HARD, nothing wrong with working hard and smart.

And i was with a client this morning, that would reap 30 times more than the carpet clean i declined, so just need to submit the quote and get the work signed off.

and its going to be a good weekend, so i may even get to walk round the golf course with some friends

have a good one

regards

martin

Damian

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2006, 10:05:53 pm »
Martin, fri afters or sat morns-its all money!  ;D as for golf well you know that it spoils a good walk mate! better to take to the tarmac in Derbyshire on a well heeled machine of Japanese orientation!!  8)
Kids for the ex-missus. The fireblade is my baby!!

john rees

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2006, 08:35:55 am »
I cleaned a suite yesterday, while I was working the lady had a visitor who asked how much I charged when she was told how much I charge (110 quid) she said that's expensive! :o I only pay 25 quid, then the lady brought the woman into the room where I was working and said "look it's like brand new and he's dried it too!" ;D "the last time I had it done by someone else it took 4 days to dry and went to smell damp and musty and the marks the other cleaner couldn't get off 2 years ago have gone now!" when I'd finished I had a 20 quid tip ;D but to top it all I'm doing her visitors suite next week! ;D

all the best
                                                    John
john