Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Damian

would you?
« on: September 05, 2006, 06:56:51 pm »
First job this morning was an old dear who when opening the door stumbled as her  knee gave way. After helping her get sorted i then started carting stuff in and glanced a look at lounge carpet. Belgium wilton heavily patterned and filthy bless her. Not usually a problem as ive cleaned thousands of em with no probs (shrinkage etc). Then i start checking to make sure its secured to grippers and discover there arent any!  :o I asked her who fitted it and she said a professional, so i pointed out they cant have been as its loose laid. Tell her it WILL shrink and i cant risk it. She is most adamant she understands but to do it anyway. Politely i say im sorry but her family wouldnt thank me for leaving it snurped up in doorways etc and leave. I know i might have got away with it but as she was unsteady i decided against. But it left me wondering who would chance it? Anyone on here?

Regards

Damian.
Kids for the ex-missus. The fireblade is my baby!!

Dave_Lee

Re: would you?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 07:55:08 pm »
As I do carpet fitting as well, I would have offered to fit it onto double gripper prior to cleaning. If she wouldnt go with this I would have done the same as you.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 07:56:51 pm »
Well done Damian.

Madam's health and safety must play a big part in your decision.  If she can fall without a hazard, what would she have been like walking on a rucked carpet?

SAFE and happy cleaning :)

Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

calmore

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 09:24:45 pm »
As Dave says, I'd suggest to her that you could arrange to have the carpet properly fitted after which you'd clean it.

Calmore Carpet Cleaning-Southampton
www.calmore.com

Southern PAT Services
www.southernpatservices.com/

*paul_moss

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 09:28:38 pm »
Dave  can you give us a rough idea of price you would charge for fitting ?
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Steve Chapman

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 11:14:12 am »
this where a secondary dry system is invaluable, you then could have done the job without worrying and still recommended getting the carpet fitted properly 8)

A sebo duo and some dry powder doesn't cost the earth and is easy to carry and is worth having for those occasional jobs your not sure about.

regards
steve