Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Moderator David@stives

Re: How would you price this house? Trad
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2006, 06:50:22 pm »
Remember the guy said NOT LEADED

valroyb

« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2006, 07:58:10 pm »

£12.00 for me i live in poole  (south)

pjulk

« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2006, 09:41:28 pm »
I can't believe some of the prices im seeing on here for an easy house like that.
Im in the south but if i jump in quoting £20 - £25 quid i would be told to bugger off.

Paul

marc

« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2006, 10:08:46 pm »
same here im in sunny southend in essex i would charge £12 to £14 but as im down south may be i will reconsider and go for £20 no bugger it i want £50 now after all its only a10 or 15 minute job wpf

JM123

« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2006, 10:18:46 pm »
£9-£12 max

I couldn't imagine charging £20 but then again different parts of the country command different prices.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

groundhog

« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2006, 11:42:14 pm »
There is no way that I would charge any less than £20 for this job, more if it was leaded. Be confident and tell them your price and say that it includes frames and sills. If you don't try you don't get, if everybody accepts your price you are too cheap. At the end of the day a window cleaner on his own can only handle a certain amount of customers, so you might as well make them well paying customers.
If you price high and they think its too much you can always drop the price, but once you have given a low price it is difficult to put it up! and you may be surprised at how many will say yes! :)

JohnL

« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2006, 11:56:23 pm »
£18 - £20

where are you based groundhog because the area is all important?

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

supernova77

« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2006, 12:04:22 am »
There is no way that I would charge any less than £20 for this job, more if it was leaded. Be confident and tell them your price and say that it includes frames and sills. If you don't try you don't get, if everybody accepts your price you are too cheap. At the end of the day a window cleaner on his own can only handle a certain amount of customers, so you might as well make them well paying customers.
If you price high and they think its too much you can always drop the price, but once you have given a low price it is difficult to put it up! and you may be surprised at how many will say yes!

Well said!

I get fed-up of other window cleaners moaning that we charge too much down here in the South!

I charge higher prices because I know I can get the jobs at the prices I charge... What would be the point in me quoting lower and loosing out on money?

Andy

trevor perry

« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2006, 09:40:14 am »
i would not expect to get more than £6 for this job if i had a few on the estate .if it was the only one then £10 . i coul do this traditionally in max 10 minutes
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Paul Coleman

« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2006, 05:39:11 pm »
i would not expect to get more than £6 for this job if i had a few on the estate .if it was the only one then £10 . i coul do this traditionally in max 10 minutes

Could you sustain that sort of pace all day long?
I reckon I could do it in 15 minutes trad but no way could I keep that up all day.
Mind you, I'm a fat git and nudging 50.

JohnL

« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2006, 06:10:42 pm »
i coul do this traditionally in max 10 minutes

rubbish!

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

sair

« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2006, 06:14:14 pm »
my minimum charge is £35.00 inc vat monthly
Essentially Pure Ltd

scrimit2

« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2006, 06:18:28 pm »
gulp! Im too cheap! if i got £10 for it i would be happy with that, and if all jobs where priced in the same way I would earn £180 almost every full day I worked (which i dont) and if i got £20 for it as was mentioned I would earn £360 a day!

::)

Pj

« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2006, 06:22:06 pm »
To be honest I wouldn't even attempt it trad these days.  I would turn it down because of the windows above the porch setup.  Those windows  are one of the strong reasons why I opted for wfp.  I would take it on now wfp at the same price.

Doing it trad would take me about 25 minutes.  Risking my neck on some windows.
Doing it wfp?  Safely and thoroughly..10-15 minutes.

BIRMINGHAM

« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2006, 10:23:30 pm »
£15/£20
service you can rely on