Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mr. S

Re: HOW DO I GET COMMERCIAL WORK?
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2006, 10:57:20 pm »
So, Can anybody help me with a contract please?

pjulk

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2006, 11:48:23 pm »
What i find works well with pricing largish jobs is to break the job down into sections and look at each section and think this one will take x amount of time and do the rest for the other section.

Add them all up and you will roughly know how long the job will take then times it by your hourly rate.

I also work out per window rate and see what that comes out and usually stick my price in between those two numbers.

Paul

poleman

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2006, 01:48:10 am »
So, Can anybody help me with a contract please?

Its the commercial customer that gives out the contract, and when that is up then the tender goes back out again, your better off having a on going agreement this way if both of you are happy then it will go on for many years to come, so in short contracts are not worth the paper they are written on

Andy   

poleman

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2006, 01:59:09 am »
If you wont to cover your self you could set a terms & conditions of doing business with commercial customers, what we do thou is put the quote in the post and at the bottom get them to sign saying they agree for us to processed with the work at the set price and times of visits, if anything did happen and say they didnt pay you and you had to take them to a small claims court, then the judge can see they agreed for you to do the work, which is better than, no agreement in place     

Andy

Ian_Giles

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2006, 11:56:57 am »
Steady on please children, have had to remove a couple of replies from this thread.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

welmac

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2006, 12:55:13 pm »
just go and see the potential customer. you could do what i have done and given a free demo of the system at work (dont clean the whole building though  ;) ). show them what insurance you have (public liability etc), trying to get over to them that you are a proffesional and WILL provide a very good service.

then put in a reasonable price!

Mr. S

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2006, 06:51:07 pm »
Cheers all!

Hope it works well for me when i see them!