Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ken Wainwright

Charities
« on: April 17, 2004, 07:28:22 pm »
John has raised an interesting point about charities. I presume that we're all called several times a week by one charity or another trying to raise funds for their just cause. How do you deal with these calls?

My reply is always quite simple and polite. I'm a one man business of limited means, and have a single, nominated charity which I support. I make a worthwhile donation to them every year rather than bits of loose change to many.

If anyone else would like to adopt my practice, but are unsure of which charity to support, try this: www.cancerbacup.org.uk

Safe and happy cleaning:)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Ian Gourlay

Re: Charities
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2004, 08:50:23 pm »
Ken,

Have you got special glasses

Its two topics where you have followed on from another posting where I can not see the posting.

Yes I do exactly the same as you.

At one stage I did consider giving a £1 for evey carpet I clean to charity.

But came to the conclusion that my customers would see it for what it was a Sales Gimmick

Ken Wainwright

Re: Charities
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2004, 08:58:56 pm »
Hi Ian G

The charities issue was mentioned by John of HQCS14 in the Yellow Pages topic.

The other issue was also in the Yellow Pages topic where Nordan was criticised for poor grammar and perhaps spelling too. There are quite a few Ians registered, and now the posts have been deleted, I can't remember which one. I think this Ian would command more respect from us if he came back and apologised for his error. We all make mistakes when our vision is focused on a single point or issue.

Safe and happy cleaning:)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!