This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

david68

From WFP back to Trad
« on: August 31, 2006, 06:11:10 pm »
Hi
Just wondering if any one tried WFP and then returned back to Traditional method.
I have used the Freedom Trolley today for first time and had bad results for me first clean.
Also i thinking is the pole harder work than going up a ladder.

So just wondering if people had returned back to trad?

Dave

David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

JohnL

Re: From WFP back to Trad
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 06:39:07 pm »
after one day?

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 06:52:43 pm »
Hi
Just wondering if any one tried WFP and then returned back to Traditional method.
I have used the Freedom Trolley today for first time and had bad results for me first clean.
Also i thinking is the pole harder work than going up a ladder.

So just wondering if people had returned back to trad?

Dave

I did think about it early on.  I'm so glad I didn't though.  I much prefer working with WFP.  Once those first/second cleans are out of the way you shouldn't have too much trouble.

david68

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 07:01:03 pm »
after one day?

JohnL

No John i will give it longer than one day, but was just wondering for those after months or years of wfp.
I also have consider this method seriously due to having cancer in my kneck and it will re return as it is not cureable.

But i would like to continue with the new methods but i just need to believe in this method and learn how to make this system work for me.

Dave
David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

Trevor Knight

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 07:06:02 pm »
My first month was a NIGHTMARE!!!!

I hated it and really thought I had brought a dud one, wasted £1600 for a system that I could see lasting no longer than my patience with it. Bad results, bad response from the customers, you name it and it happened.

However, nearly 2 years on and with my 3rd van on the way I am delighted to say after getting some help and advice, learning how to use it properly I have never looked back and love it.

I still have jobs that we do trad but on the whole its a great tool to have at your disposal.

Stick at it and get some hands on help, it's worth its weight in gold.

Best wishes,

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

JohnL

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 07:07:51 pm »
david68 - take care mate - in all ways

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2006, 07:11:38 pm »
Dave,

I'm no fan of the Freedom Trolley, because I think it's big, bulky, overpriced and has been mis-sold to users who it's not suitable for.

Anyway, what're you doing?

Tops only or 100% WFP?

If you're using it as a trolley system I'd recommend 'tops only', but if you're using it as a van-mounted system, then do 100% with it.

That apart, you've got to go over the top on first cleans, especially when you don't know what you're really doing.

If you do the following; you'll get good results:

1.  Wash the frames REALLY well.

2.  Rinse the frames.

3.  Work on the glass; you don't have to go overboard; just wash it twice quickly.

4.  Move onto the next window repeating the process untill all the windows are cleaned.

5.  Return to your first window and rinse the GLASS only.

The thinking behind this is:

It's very easy to clean glass, especially the 'sheeting' sort with a WFP (the beading sort cleans well too mind), it's the top frame that generally lets you down and drips dirty water over your windows.

So by cleaning all the frames and windows first, then returning to the first window you've cleaned to rinse the GLASS only, you've bypassed all the drips.

It is a pain, I know, but this will produce good results and subsequent cleans will be much easier; less fannying about.

I hope this helps, but ANYONE, correct me if you know a better method.  I've only been using a WFP for a year; doing tops only mostly; so I'm no 'WFP Guru'.

I'm quite happy to be 'taught' by those who're more skilled than myself.

neil100

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2006, 07:13:55 pm »
The system works. Its the confidence in the product  thats the problem, you just have to take a blind leap of faith. You will worry if its a waste of money, If you will lose a lot of your customer base. Plus the big one .Is it as good as Trad ? Will I like w/c with it?

The answer to the last 2 questions is Yes and Yes.

It will be the best investment you will make in w/c. You wont think that to begin with but in 4 months of useing wfp you will never go back to being just a trad w/c.

If I had borrowed someones wfp system for a week to try it, I know I would of stayed Trad because I hated, detested wfp for about 8 weeks. then like the love of a good woman it started to grow on me.

Nel.

david68

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2006, 07:28:12 pm »
I was thinking of looking for new work where ladders are hard to get at the right angle.
So these people would love me wfp trolley.

Then when have the skill to use it, maybe then try it on my customers who love my trad cleans.

Dave
David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

david68

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2006, 07:32:47 pm »
Neil100 yes you are right its getting that confidence in the product.
Also i need tips and advise how to use this system.

Dave

David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

neil100

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2006, 07:47:12 pm »
Where do you live?

Go out with someone whos used to wfp, It amazing what you will pick up just by watching someone.

I had about three demos from companys like ioincs and tucker, so I got hands on advice and I picked up a lot of knowelge from this forum which as been worth its weight in gold.

Its understanding why you use a method in wfp and not just waveing a pole around. It will come in time. I have done 8 months wfp, I am still completely thorough when I clean. I dont get complaints, just praise and recommendtions. The speed will come, I normally am not bothered about how fast I go wiyh wfp, but I was in the mood this morning so I timed myself on 4 bungalows. Trad it would take 1 hr 15mins. Wfp took 35 mins and the scarey thing is I can go a lot faster then that if I wanted to.

Come summer next year you will be flying with wfp and you will be a lot safer.

Nel.

david68

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2006, 08:05:25 pm »
I am in Birmingham.
But with a lot of help from this site i will soon get the hang of it.

Also a concern of mine is the amount of water all over the ground

Dave
David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

Paul Coleman

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2006, 08:20:44 pm »
I am in Birmingham.

Dave

It's no worse than rain.  Need to watch it in freeze ups though.  I carry rock salt with me.

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2006, 08:43:33 pm »
david68 were do you live?

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2006, 09:34:15 pm »
David,

Been Temted!!!

At first it's a nightmare.  Leaving the windows wet is the worst disadvantage of the WFP.  You and the customer don't know the windows are spotless when you leave.

At first you make mistakes and it's hard to wash ALL the dirt off and it shows when they dry so that knocks your confidence.

The key, I find is PERSIVERENCE!!!!
and be honest with your customers

David

Not Perfect - But Honest

williamx

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2006, 10:19:55 pm »
I am in Birmingham.

Dave

Dave I'm in Birmingham if you want some help I'm willing to help.

groundhog

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2006, 10:25:58 pm »
Hi David, I went wfp and used it everyday for 4 Months. I then made the decision to go back to my ladders on houses, you are absolutely right it is so much less hassle, it is easier, quicker on most jobs, and you can see the finish is good before you leave.
As I have said before a lot of the people who post on here sell wfp equipment, and many of those who don't have been wfp brainwashed, so be careful who you listen to.

Many of my customers told me that they were very relieved when I started using trad methods again, as they didn't like the water all over their patios, running down the walls ect. In my opinion wfp is great for large commercial, but for the average house you can't beat trad!! ;)

paul mather

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2006, 11:44:11 pm »
Hi David, I went wfp and used it everyday for 4 Months. I then made the decision to go back to my ladders on houses, you are absolutely right it is so much less hassle, it is easier, quicker on most jobs, and you can see the finish is good before you leave.
As I have said before a lot of the people who post on here sell wfp equipment, and many of those who don't have been wfp brainwashed, so be careful who you listen to.

Many of my customers told me that they were very relieved when I started using trad methods again, as they didn't like the water all over their patios, running down the walls ect. In my opinion wfp is great for large commercial, but for the average house you can't beat trad!! ;)

I can't disagree more with the last comments. Many WFPers say their first few months were a nightmare, so I set myself up for a tough few weeks. You know what, they never came. First two days I earnt less than normal, but since then have regularly earnt £20 -£30 extra a day, oh & I've had 2 complaints & lost no customers.

My conclusion is this, if I think my system is the best thing since sliced bread now imagine how I will feel 3-4 months down the line when I can get through some serious work in a day.
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

ronaldo

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2006, 11:45:49 pm »
Dave i,m just south of Birmingham if you want to come and have a look how we do it let me no.
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

david68

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2006, 11:52:12 pm »
Thanks all for great advice
Also thanks to johnL for the great notes.
I will keep at it and hope its my future if not then i will agree with groundhog.
The people offering help what area of Birmingham do you do?

Dave
David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com