This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Anj

Barkland Again
« on: April 16, 2004, 10:46:21 am »

ive just heard Barkland has lost their National Contract for Tesco and that Mitie Services has taken over has any one eles heard this
Anj

Keith_Lalanne

Re: Barkland Again
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2004, 06:39:11 pm »
You are a little late with your ear to the rumour mill! Announcements were made around two weeks ago.

Initial has lost around £12M yes Million pounds worth of business and Connaught has lost around £2M

The bulk of the business has been picked up by TC Cleaning with the rest going to Mitie.

Anj

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2004, 04:00:03 pm »
Hi

its all that work i do  not getting outside news plus me stuck up in Scotland i knew Mitie had pick up most Banks in Scotland
and that most schools here are now tendered to them  but as for Tesco it just started here on Monday  but thanks for info on lost revenue its good to know that even the larger contractors loose
Anj

deep clean

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2004, 07:14:34 pm »
Hello
Barkland lost all its Tesco contracts (which it had for almost 29 years) the main company to benefit from this is an American company called Carlisle Group Facilities Management (owned by a Brit but based in America) they have picked up approximately 86 stores, the leftovers have been picked up mainly by Mitie.  Barkland have made 95% of its staff redundant as Tesco was it main business. Save for 3 small contracts in the south.  The future looks very bleak for Barkland. All the Tesco stores under Carlisle Group were mobilized on 18th April 2004 despite Barkland attempt to sabotage all the cleaning equipment on the 17th April 2004.  Bernard Lanham (Tesco Cleaning Boss) has been unhappy with Barkland for the past two years and despite numerous warning on falling standard, which Barkland failed to heed.  Bernard terminated the Barkland contract on March  19th  2004.

I suppose there is a lesson for us all, if we fail to listen to our clients somebody else will!!!!!!!!!!  

Russ

www.deep-clean.co.uk

HolmansUKLTD

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2004, 01:46:57 am »
or dont put all your eggs in one basket :o
Surreys No1 Carpet & Upholstery cleaner
Surreys No1 Dart player
IICRC water restoration Technician