This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

macc

Re: Pain in the neck customer.
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2006, 07:25:10 pm »
Hi Trever, you cant please all all of the time, but for every one time some one doesnt agree with you they will aggree ten times.  ;D

Macc

Pj

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2006, 07:49:34 pm »
Hi Trever, you cant please all all of the time, but for every one time some one doesnt agree with you they will aggree ten times.  ;D

Macc

Not sure if I agree with that!

;D ;D ;D

Trevor Knight

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2006, 08:36:55 am »

Macc

Hi Macc,

I understand exactly what you mean, I am a Football League referee for my sins and am used to having anything up to 15 - 20,000 people not agreeing with my decisions.

Oh well, such is life  ;)

Cheers anyway,

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

shammy davis jnr

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2006, 09:28:51 am »
beat this one was doing a street last week and this lady asked if i could do her nxt door neighbour  i said no prob  she said becase her man had asked her to ask me
i said it would be more than yours becase of the conservatory  she said do it any way  lined it to call on fri night
chaped the door and the lady of the house came out  i did not know anything about it so i aint paying i said that your hubby had arranged with the neighbour to do your house
she said i dont care i aint paying  i said hold on one mo
chapped her nxt door neighbour she said i will talk with her
poor lady red faced had to chap her again and exsplane
that she had instructed us to clean her windows  becase your husband asked me to clean them
adimint she said i know nothing about it  with me and her good neighbour both standing on her door step so i am not paying 
but you can do them nxt time if your round 
f,,, me while im standing there ,lol   the mist by this time had assended  and i said what is your prob are you f,,in thick
both your hubby and this good lady asked me to clean them so i did  do u think i will go out of pocket here and as for next time you can f,,,kin ram it where the sun dont shine
you will never get a window cleaner as long as i have anything to do with it i wioll beat her through the jungle drums where do they bottle these type of ass holes  i will give her neighbour a free clean nxt time becase i felt so sorry for her  she was a star and should not be sub to this
could just picture this hubby shopping in tesco buys a pie takes it home eats it
wife finds the recipt takes it back to tesco and says my hubby aint paying for this pie becase i did not know about it     eye right  what a banger 
i was boiling and think a couple of quid for a few eggs sounds best customer value here  >:( have any of you had the same kind of thing 

jeff1

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2006, 12:27:40 pm »
 ;D sam good reading for a sunday morning.  If ever I'm asked to do next door or mrs boggs up the road, I always go and price it first, and never ever do it without one or the others verbal Approval, if there not home I will leave a ticket in the door with a price and ask them to call me if they have accepted the price,
I know its a return journey, but I'm in the area anyway for a few days. and always get my money. Put it down to experience and you won't get caught like that again.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2006, 06:48:22 pm »
Shammy Davis jr -

Several times I've done a neighbours on their say-so and never come unstuck.

But I did once do a ground floor flat years ago on the say-so of the wife and then the husband wouldn't pay me when I finished.

"Come on" I said "it's only four quid" (it was a long time a go).

He went skitz - "Only four quid! That's a lot of money to a pensioner like me!" (Had a ciggy on the go and a paper under his arm so he ain't that skint mind)

After a strong exchange of views  :) he really starts going mental and I said as a parting shot "You're going to give yourself a heart attack mate."

When I was back in the neighbourhood a month later one of my customers told me he'd died of a heart attack "about a week ago."  :o

So. ShammyD - my advice for you:-

Don't wait a few weeks - and don't egg their windows - and if you're wfp don't clean their front door and accidently press the brush nozzles against the letter box opening.

No, don't do any of those things...... :)
It's a game of three halves!

shammy davis jnr

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2006, 08:45:31 pm »
spoil sport  ;D
was lookin forward to it   its impossible not to loose it at these butt holes
lol ok will take her off dart board
im calm now honest  ;D ;D ;D

geefree

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2006, 12:51:09 pm »
Hi Trev, take no notice of pj, from an outsiders view here, its obvious he is looking for an argument, .. its also obvious to most clean living english people, that keeping our homes clean inside and out is a very essential part of our lives, and thats why you have worked through two recessions, because most people are proud, clean and dont mind paying what is a small amount each month to uphold their own high standards...so please dont get into a row with someone who is obviously only  out to row with you,... you never come across as someone who lays the law down, and you do a fantastic job on here,

you must have helped hundreds of people with your free advice, and to give a lot of your spare time to help all of us on here is to be commended....

people like pj are the type of people who would not help anyone, its obvious ,just read his posts.
so dont fall into the trap of dragging yourself to his level, cocky , arrogant and unheplful.

you certainly should not have apologised once to him... he was going for it not you...HE OWES YOU A BIG APOPLOGY.

Pj

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2006, 02:49:03 pm »
Thank you for sharing your opinion :-\
A most inaccurate one, but nevertheless, your opinion.  I have posted over 2,500 other comments on here over the last year and a half, many have thanked me for, but I delete them after their usefulness has past, as many who know me a little better than you will vouch.  My reason for deleting?  The forum history gets cluttered with outdated repetitions.
there is no issue between Trevor & myself, and our discussion was settled a couple of days ago.  I forget things quickly, and he strikes me as someone who doesn't waste his time harbouring grudges.  I disagreed with some points made, Malc accepted my points raised, I stood corrected, I disagreed with some points Trevor made, in his reply he made some personal comments which he apologised for, I accepted.  Case closed!  Whats the big deal?
However if you are looking for an argument?   Start your own topic!
On the matter raised if you can be bothered to search this and other professional sources you will find that window cleaning is listed officially as a non-essential service, regardless of how proud you may choose to feel about your job, which I have made a living from, cared for my wife,raised 3 children, for the last 20 years..but my feet are still planted firmly on the ground.  No need to inflame discussion half way through, when you haven't given youself enough time to consider the whole picture.
Neither am I resorting to your method of personal insults.

There now, meditate on something useful I've contributed to the forum, young man!

Fast 1 *

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2006, 03:05:55 pm »
I also think the word essential is a bit strong for windowcleaning.I mean its not a be all and end all.If it was,we could have an emergency call out  ;D .To the houseproud it holds a relative amount of importance.I think pj is getting a bit of stick for a reasonable comment.
wildstyles

geefree

« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2006, 04:50:25 pm »
whooo.
nope not looking for arguement and have read it all the way through, just felt you were publicly giving trev too much stick over a reasonable comment which you found offensive, yes you have a lot of posts, which are very useful indeed, thats why it came as a suprise ,its a very trivial matter which i felt you blew out of proportion, and like you do... lots of times,  i entered an opinion, only to be told to keep my nose out virtually lol... after thanking me for my opinion , a discussion is what this place is all about i think, as you have yourself entered your opinion on many many posts from other people, i find it hypocritical of you to tell me not to read or indeed comment on your posts, which was also loaded with sarcasm,... but point taken, opinions vented... oh and thanks for the compliment at the end.

Fast 1 *

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2006, 04:58:20 pm »
hows it going gazza?plenty of work coming in?
wildstyles

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2006, 05:42:21 pm »
Malc, Trev, PJ,

Thanks for making an interesting read; honest; I like a good discussion and opposing points of view.

Anyway, my own policy towards bad customers (which I've only ever failed to adhere to once), is never to argue with them.

I tell them what they've done wrong, politely and if the problem is resolved I simply walk away and don't come back.

Just recently I was told of a local window cleaner (whose a bit of an old Chav) who loudly and aggresively remonstrated with one of his customers and he lost a further three customers because of his behaviour.

He was probably in the right to complain, but he went over the top and appeared even more 'Chavish'.

In dealing with 'bad customer situations', I think it's better to just walk-away; no wise-cracks, sarcasm or aggression.

This stops anything escalating and will also prevent you from getting a bad reputation (if if you were right in the first place).

Pat Purcell

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2006, 08:57:12 pm »
While window cleaning is not an essential service as of late with the new technologies in glass making which include coatings, tinting,mirrored glass etc the windows if not cleaned regurlarly will start to stain and degrade beyond the point where a good cleaning will return them to their former glory. The more homeowners and bldg managers that realise this the better for us think of it like your car if you dont clean it ,it will start to rust which will require body work instead of a good cleaning , so while its not essential it should be looked at as preventive maintenance
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

JM123

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2006, 12:21:03 am »
Pat that was prob the best post I've read on this forum for ages
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Fast 1 *

« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2006, 12:42:43 am »
Pat that was prob the best post I've read on this forum for ages
You obviously havent read my latest poll then ;D
wildstyles

JM123

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2006, 12:52:43 am »
what one was that??

Ballymena N.I

Fast 1 *

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2006, 12:54:32 am »
im having a laugh mate.
wildstyles

JM123

« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2006, 12:57:32 am »
oh the hows it going gazza one?

Oh right get ya now, sorry, I'm a tad slow this evening.

Ballymena N.I

geefree

« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2006, 01:32:32 am »
hi fast one , yes plenty coming in, even though you meant it as a dig,.. the thing is , i may not be experienced as a window cleaner, but i know when someone is having a go, and i dont mean you, but i sometimes feel that certain people think, that because they have been around a while, and feel that they know it all... that they can over ride other peoples opinions with all there worldy knowledge, that is the case here if you read it all through,

there are topics and topics,... having a go is not a topic. and helps no-one.....