This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

captain lard

Holidays
« on: August 22, 2006, 11:40:53 pm »
I have only been doing this since March but last week had one lady telling me not to do her next clean cos they would be on holiday in approx 4 weeks,then today had someones mam tell me to miss the daughters house as they are away till Friday.
Am a bit narked cos on the latter its a conservertory clean and the whole house is upcv so its going to be harder next time as she blew me out in July claiming I was late- and I wasnt- so her windows / frames havent been cleaned since June.If I had a full round i would drop her but at the minute I just have to ride with the request.
Most folks dont do this and ask for a missed clean cos of holidays but I wondered what your experiences were about this.

JM123

Re: Holidays
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 12:02:10 am »
if they tell you before hand there's not much you can do but leave it for a month, have had a customer tell me he wasn't paying as he was on holiday (tells me this the following month), guys like that I don't need but its usually his missus who pays and she rang and told me they weren't on holiday and could I please continue coming round each month so I kept them on, funnily enough all the little stories I've told on this forum have all been in the same estate!
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

captain lard

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 12:05:16 am »
All on the same estate mate -its a conspiracy!!

JM123

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 12:08:22 am »
I reckon it is - don't know why its all been on the same plot unless there's some government agenda to rehome some of britains biggest gits all on the same estate, grrr, some people really know how to push the boat out don't they.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 04:53:28 pm »
I used to 'bite' at the 'not this month brigade', but now have the following policy:

I have my terms and conditions on my chit, and every customer I have should know that I clean their property once per calandar month; unless we've arranged otherwise.

I will drop any customer who asks me not to clean their property when I turn up.

If I'm given warning, such as, 'we're off for a three-month round-the-world holiday; would you give us a miss for a couple of months', or 'We're having building work done'; then yes, I'll miss them for the given period.

I think you've just got to use some common-sense.  If you suspect they're extracting the urine out of you; to save themselves some pennies; drop them.

If they have a genuine reason and have the decency to warn you in advance; then no problem.

captain lard

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 05:54:42 pm »
Sound advice Tosh,cheers mate.