This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

pt

My DIY setup
« on: August 22, 2006, 08:31:07 pm »
Hello everyone,

This is my DIY set up. All told just under £2000 including 45ft tucker, this has been in use for just over a month with no major probs. I run two outlets which are routed under the van to brackets welded  on both sides of my van sills. What you all think? Any thoughts most welcome.

Many Thanks,

Paul.

macc

Re: My DIY setup
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 08:45:16 pm »
Hi Paul.

Looks good. How many ltrs & are you running a varistream.

I run Tucker, Bit of advice if you dont mind, cut the corners off the corners of the brush & with a fine file round & smooth them in.  ;)

Macc

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 08:58:41 pm »
COOL Great that you have "tested" the system.What brush are you using ? If you surform the back and sides of the dual trim brush as well you will remove 1-2oz. Its worth the effort on the end of a 45fter.
How have you anchored it to the floor of the van ?

pt

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 09:18:40 pm »
Hi,

Thanks for the replies so far. At the moment there is 4 inch / 2 inch / 1/14 thick angle bolted through the floor at the front of  the tank to stop forward movement, ( the tank is 640 lts fully baffled, but I only fill to 200 lt tops. This tank was custom made that big .... looking forward to the future) a full cage is in the process of being made up. I do run a veristream, if you look you can see the wires running from the pump to the controller. Thanks for the advice on the brushes. More advice welcome.

Many Thanks,

Paul.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 09:27:19 pm »
What size hose and , what sort of hose reel ?
45ft is quite high so maybe you are commercial with such a large tank. If you can reduce the size of the jets you will use less and need to carry leass water. Is the tank baffled ?

pt

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 10:16:20 pm »
Jeff,

I bought  the 45 tucker and have adapted the hose so that i can use the first three sections 1st floor and just add extra lengths and change hose for higher windows up to the six section. I am running 60 ft of microbore off a wolf garten hose trolly. Yes the tank is fully baffled.

Many Thanks,

Paul.

macc

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006, 10:52:23 pm »
Hi Paul.

The jets on the Tucker are about 5mm & far too big. To get round this i got some screen washer tube they use on car wind screens, but any tube will do, heat it up in a mug of hot water, pull it through the nut (which fixs brush to pole ie the jet). Trim the tube then i carefully drilled the jet back to 3mm. Much better, i get a better jet & use loads less water.

Macc

pt

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2006, 11:17:03 pm »
macc,

exactly what i,ve done.

Many Thanks.

macc

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2006, 11:20:01 pm »
 ;)