van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Slacky

Fall arrest harness for sale.
« on: May 25, 2024, 04:22:36 pm »

Make me an offer.

Spruce

Re: Fall arrest harness for sale.
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2024, 07:24:22 am »

Make me an offer.

When we purchased our fall arrest system, we were told it had to be replaced after 4 years.

How old is this one?
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Slacky

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2024, 11:43:25 am »
Older than 4 years.

I remember being told that but also thinking that they could easily sit in a warehouse for 4 years before being sold.

Although saying that, the fall arrest is less than 4 years, the trousers and harness are older though.

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2024, 10:59:23 pm »
I think they are out of date Slacky.

For what they re worth bin them

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Splash and dash

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2024, 11:14:30 pm »
The ones we have at the fire station have a manufacturing date sown into them I think all should be the same , most ppe has a replacement date on it hard hats fall arrest lanyards , harnesses  , chainsaw leggings , also if an employer you need to have this type of thing tested and keep records of it .

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2024, 02:57:53 pm »
We inspect our harnesses before each job - 2 of the lads are qualified to do this - any damage or date issues they are destroyed
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

simon w

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2024, 05:31:25 pm »
Who Defines a Fall Protection Harness’s Expiration Date or End Of Life?
There is no such thing as a predetermined or mandated expiration date on fall protection harnesses. Neither OSHA nor ANSI have current codes or standards that set a specific time period for taking a harness out of service. Even most manufacturers will not suggest how long a harness will last.

Visual inspection of all stitching and any wear or tear and whether it's come into contact with any harmful or corrosive chemicals, if all sound then it can still be used.

Splash and dash

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2024, 05:34:01 pm »
Who Defines a Fall Protection Harness’s Expiration Date or End Of Life?
There is no such thing as a predetermined or mandated expiration date on fall protection harnesses. Neither OSHA nor ANSI have current codes or standards that set a specific time period for taking a harness out of service. Even most manufacturers will not suggest how long a harness will last.

Visual inspection of all stitching and any wear or tear and whether it's come into contact with any harmful or corrosive chemicals, if all sound then it can still be used.

All makes are different but they are only certified for so  many years from manufacture then have to be replaced  regardless of use or condition. As an example our harnesses are petzel and life span is 10 years , but the fall arrest lanyards are 7 year life span

Slacky

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2024, 07:25:52 pm »
It’s in the bin anyway.