van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Bungle

PS Coming On
« on: May 21, 2024, 04:31:43 pm »
PS has been coming on since Friday. I've been managing to get it to clear by wiggling the wires to the pressure switch. Sounds like a dodgy connection. It was boiling my puss today. Hose had been pulled out about 75m and I had to go back to the van at least 3 times. I did disconnect the two wires going to the switch but PS was still showing on the controller. I also turned the Allen key one way and then the other. I unscrewed the strainer and cleared that. I also reduced the calibration down. Since this it has worked fine but I'm not holding my breath.

Surely if I disconnect the two wires to the switch it will be by-passed?
We look at them, they look through them.

Stoots

Re: PS Coming On
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2024, 04:42:23 pm »
To bypass it simply take the red and black wires from bottom of pump straight to controller. You will probably have to cut the red wire going to the switch then crimp it to the red wire on the controller.

If you just pull the red wires off the switch it isnt bypassed youve just broken the circuit in effect.

I always bypass the pressure switch when using a controller, pressure switch is only needed when running without a controller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=VPLShbj3LsE

Simon Trapani

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2024, 06:29:22 pm »
You're fixing the symptom instead of the problem though IMO. Good for a temporary fix but I would get to the root cause personally. You may have already done so by adjusting the calibration.

Bungle

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2024, 07:27:31 pm »
You're fixing the symptom instead of the problem though IMO. Good for a temporary fix but I would get to the root cause personally. You may have already done so by adjusting the calibration.

Fingers crossed Simon, but this has never happened to me before and it's a relatively new pump.

DJW

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2024, 12:21:38 pm »
You might have PMT coming on.

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2024, 03:07:18 pm »
PS has been coming on since Friday. I've been managing to get it to clear by wiggling the wires to the pressure switch. Sounds like a dodgy connection. It was boiling my puss today. Hose had been pulled out about 75m and I had to go back to the van at least 3 times. I did disconnect the two wires going to the switch but PS was still showing on the controller. I also turned the Allen key one way and then the other. I unscrewed the strainer and cleared that. I also reduced the calibration down. Since this it has worked fine but I'm not holding my breath.

Surely if I disconnect the two wires to the switch it will be by-passed?

Hi Bungle. If wiggling the wires connecting to the pump pressure switch stops PS displaying then the wiring is definitely the cause of the issue.

The controller carries out an electrical text to see if the pump motor is connected and in circuit. If there is a wiring issue for example damaged cable connector the controller can not detect the pump motor and will display PS.

Check the spade connectors on the pressure switch replace damaged or corroded spade connectors Or as suggested bypass the pressure switch.

As the issue is wiring related in this case changing calibration wont help

Cheers
V16 Is Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhbZirSlpI&t=8s
Polarity Protect technology

Bungle

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2024, 05:48:15 pm »
Update: no problems at all today. I didn't  work yesterday. Fingers crossed.

Bungle

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2024, 01:32:34 pm »
Update: it started happening again. I've found the cause though 🤞it was a loose wire on the crocodile clip on the battery.

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2024, 02:49:39 pm »
Update: it started happening again. I've found the cause though 🤞it was a loose wire on the crocodile clip on the battery.

Croc clips do work loose from vibration as the van is moving around, the same can happen with the connections.  Switching to a a pair of battery terminal connectors give a much better connection and hopefully less issues

Cheers
V16 Is Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhbZirSlpI&t=8s
Polarity Protect technology