This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steve H

pressure washer issues
« on: May 17, 2024, 07:59:29 pm »
For those guys that use pressure washers, any ideas on what the problem could be?
When using the pressure washer its fine, power is there as normal. As soon as i release the trigger on the lance or fsc, the machine is juddering like mad, almost like its got an air block. I then have to open the release valve quickly, to stop the juddering.
Ive tried the usual methods to unblock the air, but its still doing it. (only happened yesterday and then again today)
Could it be the unloader valve that needs replacing? any ideas appreciated.
Thanks in advance guys
If you reach for the stars and only reach the moon, you will have acheived more than you thought you could.

Steve H

Re: pressure washer issues
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2024, 08:06:58 pm »
To also add to that - its a Honda GX390 petrol engine
Can you buy just the parts for the unloader valve, or is it best to buy and replace the whole thing?
Many thanks
If you reach for the stars and only reach the moon, you will have acheived more than you thought you could.

michael mckeary

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2024, 09:30:28 pm »
Sounds like something is stuck. What happens when the revs are down to idle?

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2024, 10:35:00 pm »
normally with an unloader you just lose pressure (VRT) I cant remember far enough back for the K1 or 9 type

when you let go of the trigger are you recycling the water or going back to the buffer tank?
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

michael mckeary

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2024, 08:02:00 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA7uAfXE8Tk

This guy was saying the same and it was to do with build up of debris in the pump.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2024, 09:05:37 am »
I will put my money on the front shuttle being stuck...simple fix  ;)

https://youtu.be/Lnc3EKldQv8?si=eDiffAaODQPkwaQg

Steve H

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2024, 02:51:35 pm »
Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated.
I have an inline filter, so dont think its muck in the pump.
When the engine is idling (nothing in use) it ticks over fine, with the release valve open and the water circling around the pump and back to the water tank. (i dont leave it idling for long, as i was told the water could overheat and cause damage to the pump?)
I then close the release valve and it can start to judder straight away, or sometimes when im using a fsc or lance (its all working fine), i then let go of the trigger, and the machine will judder around, when i then try to open the release valve, the valve will feel stuck and under pressure like there is air in the system?
Anyway, i will have a look at some of the things mentioned, see how i get on - many thanks

michael mckeary

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2024, 04:13:36 pm »
When I get any problems I call Ben at Rutland Pumps who usually knows the problem. That's the reason I like using them, great aftersales.

Stoots

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2024, 05:01:51 pm »
Used my new un for only the 3rd time today and its leaking oil ffs. Not sure what to do with it

Shoulda stuck to windows  ;D

zesty

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2024, 06:25:57 pm »
Used my new un for only the 3rd time today and its leaking oil ffs. Not sure what to do with it

That’s not normal nor common, something isn’t right there mate!

Where’s the oil coming from?

Smudger

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2024, 06:39:03 pm »
Who did you get it from - your nuts just need a tightening 😆

Juddering - sounds like grit in the pump valve

BTW - if you are returning to tank it won’t overheat only those that recirculate around the unloaded that ( smaller mains fed p/w)
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Stoots

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2024, 07:01:44 pm »

That’s not normal nor common, something isn’t right there mate!

Where’s the oil coming from?

I got it from Jetmac, spoke to him and he reckons its the gearbox oil seal. Apparently a know issue with the gearbox. Hes sending me an oil seal to replace it myself. He did say i could take it somewhere near leicester but its a 200 mile round trip.

Smudger

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2024, 07:12:31 pm »
Hopefully that will do it

Stoots

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2024, 07:15:52 pm »
hope so i must admit i did think should have got a honda... bloody loncins  ;D

michael mckeary

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2024, 07:28:05 pm »
My washer began leaking hydraulic oil. It was coming from the plastic sight to view oil level. Bought a few aluminium ones and changed them, happy days.

Smudger

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2024, 08:18:24 pm »
Hydraulic oil?

Which p/w have you got

Slacky

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2024, 08:30:27 pm »

How much was it?

zesty

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2024, 09:18:20 pm »

I always get belt drive - no such issues  ;D less heat transfer to pump as well. I’ve never, in over a decade has one single issue with a Loncin belt drive washer. Had three so far (only sell them when I fancy a new one)

Engine isn’t at fault here, if it’s the gearbox, then a Honda engine won’t have made any difference!

Stoots

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2024, 09:20:12 pm »

How much was it?

£1300 delivered

Cheapest I could find basically.

Stoots

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2024, 09:21:15 pm »

I always get belt drive - no such issues  ;D

Engine isn’t at fault here, if it’s the gearbox, then a Honda engine won’t have made any difference!

I know that now but not at the time I was fearing it was the engine luckily I had pretty much finished when I saw it leaking.