van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: Pressure Washing
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2024, 08:10:30 am »
My work doesn't change all year round.i clean the same in the winter as I do in the summer.

4 x 6 hour days per week

If pressure washing is seasonal you must work a lot more in the warmer months then?
price higher/work harder!

Stoots

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2024, 09:00:24 am »
You are right Daz from a simplicity point of view and probably from a financial one window cleaning makes more sense.

But it's not all about the money if window cleaning made me 100k a year it wouldn't make it any much more enjoyable. You still have to do it no matter what you get paid.

Smudger

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2024, 02:13:38 pm »
I hope your right - still keep an eye on the weight you'll be surprised at how heavy p/w hose and reel is - mind you you are only carrying 1 set up rather than in mine there are 2
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

michael mckeary

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2024, 04:01:47 pm »
Did a PW job today and many folk have asked if its better to softwash first then PW the area or the other way round. I did both today on stone coping stones purely by mistake so decided to focus on the result. The ones that were PW first and then softwashed came up alot better than the ones that were softwashed first which makes perfect sense. So if anyone needs to softwash copings, Indian sandstone or steps then its better to PW it first. 😉

Smudger

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2024, 06:56:21 pm »
Don’t worry mate splash will pop along and tell you that you have it wrong
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

michael mckeary

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2024, 07:08:27 pm »

Only going by my results today but there's logic behind it. Once the PW has removed most of the dirt means the hypo doesn't have much lichen to work on.

Splash and dash

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2024, 09:54:59 pm »

It’s not a mater of anyone getting it wrong it’s what works best if you want to wash then hypo that’s fine , I have done it both ways for us hypo first is much quicker than after and rinsing again

Smudger

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2024, 10:12:05 pm »
 ;D

Maybe quicker .....

But a poor quality job  ;)

shame on you splash  ;D

Splash and dash

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2024, 10:16:14 pm »
;D

Maybe quicker .....

shame on you splash  ;D

lol that’s not what our customers say 😂😂😂

Bungle

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2024, 10:31:04 pm »
;D

Maybe quicker .....

shame on you splash  ;D

I take it you deleted your original account? Why?
We look at them, they look through them.

Splash and dash

« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2024, 11:28:04 pm »
;D

Maybe quicker .....

shame on you splash  ;D

I take it you deleted your original account? Why?

No not at all had problems logging in and couldn’t do a password reset it wouldn’t accept it left it a couple of weeks then managed to re set it and it kept my name but lost  all post history can this be re set ?

Stoots

« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2024, 03:42:03 pm »
Do you guys have a minimum price for pw ?

I've decided on £100. I've had a couple of enquirys for small areas that might take only half an hour but when you include setting up and packing away call it an hour but it just doest seem worth it to get the machine out for less.

Also do you offer different levels of service ?

For example i find a lot of people assume it's just a quick blast over with a pressure washer like they would do with a karcher so they are of the mindset it's a 30 or 50 quid job. Thinking of saying I can either give it a quick blast with the pw for x amount or and accept it will be cleaner but not perfect or I can do it properly and treat with hypo or biocide etc and charge more.

Some of the before and after pics I see on fb still covered in black spot yet people are saying it looks great has me thinking maybe by offering a premium price and a premium service you are missing out on a part of the market that just don't see the value....

simon w

« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2024, 07:25:50 pm »
Did a PW job today and many folk have asked if its better to softwash first then PW the area or the other way round. I did both today on stone coping stones purely by mistake so decided to focus on the result. The ones that were PW first and then softwashed came up alot better than the ones that were softwashed first which makes perfect sense. So if anyone needs to softwash copings, Indian sandstone or steps then its better to PW it first. 😉

Always the way I've done it too

Slacky

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2024, 07:55:02 am »

I've decided on £100. I've had a couple of enquirys for small areas that might take only half an hour but when you include setting up and packing away call it an hour but it just doest seem worth it to get the machine out for less.

For example i find a lot of people assume it's just a quick blast over with a pressure washer like they would do with a karcher so they are of the mindset it's a 30 or 50 quid job. Thinking of saying I can either give it a quick blast with the pw for x amount or and accept it will be cleaner but not perfect or I can do it properly and treat with hypo or biocide etc and charge more.

Some of the before and after pics I see on fb still covered in black spot yet people are saying it looks great has me thinking maybe by offering a premium price and a premium service you are missing out on a part of the market that just don't see the value....

Your problem is you try to cater for every enquiry going and I bet in the process of doing that you lose sight of where your business should be going.

Set out your stall, be one or the other (preferably and hopefully the better) and stick to it. There’s thousands of customers out there, you can’t have them all and nor would you want to. If you price a job and in hindsight realise they only wanted a splash n dash when you priced it as a quality clean that’s their loss, not yours. In time you will realise there are plenty of customers out there who do want a quality clean and your paths will cross. You possibly need to work on your self belief and business model. I’d love to see your interaction with a potential customer when you price up a job. Half the time it’s how you sell yourself.

michael mckeary

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2024, 01:34:37 pm »
Windows this morning and sanding a PW job this afternoon. Its not about money but about variety. Cleaning windows all the time would drive me mad. I laid a nice patio on Friday and have another one to do for same customer. I like half days window cleaning and home for lunch and then out to an add-on. Summer months are busy and this year has been the busiest so I have decided to save for new van which gives me something to aim for. This type of business plan makes me a happy camper and I look forward to getting out of bed in the morning. That's what we should all aim for. Love what you do and you will never work another day in your life.

Smudger

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2024, 02:03:39 pm »
Good for you

zesty

Re: Pressure Washing New
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2024, 04:13:58 pm »

Just clean it as best you can.

I always tell the customer the black spot might not come off, I’ve never had an issue.

If they want it softwshed then that’s a lot more £££