van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stoots

Re: Talk to me about franchising please
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2024, 08:00:13 pm »
Well you are if your abroad - I’d be quite p!seed investing several grand and ongoing fees to only get the franchiser only accessible by phone or email

I'm not sure why it matters. It's only window cleaning it would be worrying if you had franchisees that couldn't be self sufficient and need their hand holding. What is it that would need you in person ?

deeege

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2024, 07:31:29 am »
Well you are if your abroad - I’d be quite p!seed investing several grand and ongoing fees to only get the franchiser only accessible by phone or email

I'm not sure why it matters. It's only window cleaning it would be worrying if you had franchisees that couldn't be self sufficient and need their hand holding. What is it that would need you in person ?

By its very nature a franchisee wouldn’t be self sufficient, that’s the whole point of them buying into a  franchise isn’t it?  For the ongoing support and hand holding, aswell as being supplied the work. If they were just going to buy work and then go it alone they would just do that and not have to worry about ongoing franchising fees.

"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Perfect Windows

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2024, 10:59:14 am »
Been looking in to the franchise model. I’m pretty clear on most of it but could somebody clarify if you actually provide the client list for your franchisee?

We do but some don't.  There are even others out there who charge their franchisees for canvassing business for them.

Vin

Don Kee

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2024, 12:33:10 pm »

What’s the point of the franchisor then?

Stoots

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2024, 01:34:01 pm »

What’s the point of the franchisor then?

I'm not saying you are  not there to support them, I'm saying you can do so from overseas you wouldn't have to be there in person. Whether you have someone managing it for you or whether you are available via phone and video it makes no real odds.

tlwcs

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2024, 01:37:45 pm »
Didn’t Green pro do this. Lived in Thailand and ran his business remotely?
Not sure how he got on but to me he always came across as a bit of a w anker
I think Vin is the example, he seems to support his franchises and runs a very successful model. Although I would imagine he would tip his hat to Ian Lancaster.

Stoots

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2024, 01:41:51 pm »
I think Vin is the example, he seems to support his franchises and runs a very successful model. Although I would imagine he would tip his hat to Ian Lancaster.

Think he got stuck there during covid not sure what's happened to him now he's disappeared off the map.

I did a carpet cleaning job with him many years ago in Nottingham he's alright he paid me anyway

Perfect Windows

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2024, 03:43:25 pm »
I'm not saying you are  not there to support them, I'm saying you can do so from overseas you wouldn't have to be there in person. Whether you have someone managing it for you or whether you are available via phone and video it makes no real odds.

Let's take an example from last winter. One of the guys called me - he'd had to stop working because he had a problem with both pumps.  I drove out to meet him and tried pretty much everything over the space of maybe two hours. Calibration, check battery, check for airlocks, get it working then it stops again, water everywhere, soaked and slogging hard work inside the back of the van, freezing outside the van, sweating inside with the work. I eventually replaced every single piece of tubing between pump and reel and realised it was the elbow into the reel. He got back to earning money and finished the day later but with his income intact. That weekend I went and repaired all the bodging I'd done to get him restarted.

I can't see how it could be diagnosed remotely and, frankly, why the franchisee (doing all the work himself, soaked and freezing in the back of his van while you sit in the sun asking him to point his camera into the darkness while telling him to go down a series of dead ends) wouldn't just say "stuff it, I'm doing all the work here, why am I paying for his services?"

Vin

Splash and dash

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2024, 09:57:05 pm »

He’s in the  Philippines 

Slacky

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2024, 10:29:00 pm »

If the shoe was on the other foot you’d think the ‘boss’ was taking the piss.