van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stoots

Loncin engines
« on: April 28, 2024, 07:29:32 pm »
Are loncin engined pressure washer any good ? reliable ?

or if not which is better to go for GX390 or a Briggs Vanguard

thanks

edit:  ive posted this in wrong place i know 

Splash and dash

Re: Loncin engines
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2024, 07:34:11 pm »
Briggs vanguard are a cracking engine much more power than a Honda uses less fuel , and much quieter, Loncin have a good reputation but personally not had one .

Stoots

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2024, 07:54:16 pm »
Briggs vanguard are a cracking engine much more power than a Honda uses less fuel , and much quieter, Loncin have a good reputation but personally not had one .

Im looking at the 14hp  vanguard fraction cheaper than the honda but i know the gx390 is the go to. I do fancy the vanguard tbh

zesty

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2024, 09:07:08 pm »
I’ve had 3 Loncins, all been superb.  No engine issues, ever.

They are a bit louder than Honda, but it’s no big deal.

Splash and dash

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2024, 09:21:02 pm »

Im looking at the 14hp  vanguard fraction cheaper than the honda but i know the gx390 is the go to. I do fancy the vanguard tbh

The Briggs is head and shoulders above the Honda I have had a couple of then in the past would never go back to them now

the king

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2024, 08:26:45 pm »
ive got a loncin been fantastic had it 4 years no issues at all its normaly screaming flat out  for hours mine 15lpm 250 bar

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2024, 10:53:20 pm »
had several Hondas and around 5 Loncin and 1 Lifan (a copy of a copy I believe!)

not much to separate them, the Loncin's tend to be more thirsty a tank seems to run a bout 30 mins less than on the Honda's

All reliable and start with no issues altho the Lancing after 5 years are starting to look tired where as the Honda's still seem like new (difficult to gauge as I don't know exactly which setup gets used the most)

Not had a Briggs - are they not Chinese ? - However engineering quality is so much better than say 20 years ago.
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

zesty

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2024, 07:39:11 am »
had several Hondas and around 5 Loncin and 1 Lifan (a copy of a copy I believe!)

not much to separate them, the Loncin's tend to be more thirsty a tank seems to run a bout 30 mins less than on the Honda's

All reliable and start with no issues altho the Lancing after 5 years are starting to look tired where as the Honda's still seem like new (difficult to gauge as I don't know exactly which setup gets used the most)

Not had a Briggs - are they not Chinese ? - However engineering quality is so much better than say 20 years ago.

Briggs are yank made Darran, they look good, I’ll probably move over to a briggs when my Loncins had its day - which will be years and years and years and…

Smudger

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2024, 09:30:17 am »
while you are correct they still do under license make the Vanguard in Japan and China
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Stoots

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2024, 09:38:03 am »
Am I better to get one on wheels or van mounted ?

I fancy a van mount but worry I might come unstuck if the parking is poor.

Stoots

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2024, 10:02:14 am »
I read somewhere the vanguard engines are made by mitsubishi.

Splash and dash

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2024, 02:33:41 pm »
while you are correct they still do under license make the Vanguard in Japan and China

Briggs vanguard is a V twin  and made by Mitsubishi in Japan

Stoots

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2024, 04:25:07 pm »
No one seems to have a bad word to say about Loncin so ive ordered one - 21Lpm  ;D

Just need some jobs now

zesty

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2024, 06:46:08 pm »
No one seems to have a bad word to say about Loncin so ive ordered one - 21Lpm  ;D

Just need some jobs now

You can’t go wrong. Enjoy it.

I’ve got 23lpm Loncin, it never misses a beat.

Smudger

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2024, 12:38:14 pm »
Just to be technical - 23 LPM - will be the pump - the engine is in HP  ;D

zesty

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2024, 01:45:08 pm »
Just to be technical - 23 LPM - will be the pump - the engine is in HP  ;D

Of course!!!

In fact mines a 21lpm pump, but with a slightly different reduction setup, giving me just a smidge under 23lpm.

I run AR pumps, never had an issue. Some prefer interpump.

I was just saying it all in short hand, a Loncin engine with 23lpm out the pump.

the king

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2024, 04:32:36 pm »
Off topic a bit buy my mate has a 21lpm at 200bar and a 15 lpm 250 bar and side buy side with turbos going flat out the 15 was quicker due to the extra bar shifting the white fungus! When I upgrade my 15 I’ll be making sure I still have 250 bar

Stoots

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2024, 06:27:31 pm »
Off topic a bit buy my mate has a 21lpm at 200bar and a 15 lpm 250 bar and side buy side with turbos going flat out the 15 was quicker due to the extra bar shifting the white fungus! When I upgrade my 15 I’ll be making sure I still have 250 bar

Yes im not sure why flow is deemed more important than pressure as surely more pressure means it hits the surface harder giving a deeper clean....

Smudger

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2024, 07:17:29 pm »
It’s relative to speed of moving the cr@p - light work 15ltrs a min is fine but will soon fall behind on dirty or heavily soiled surfaces. It’s about moving the slurry on big stuff

@ 200 @ lto 250 is negligible on most work depth of clean wise

michael mckeary

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2024, 09:03:48 pm »
Funny thing happened to me yesterday when PW a driveway. I bought a 16HP Vanguard (Briggs Engine)  from Rutland Pumps 5 years ago when they were cheap as chips. 250 bar at 21 or 23 lpm not sure what. Any way I have 3 twin turbo lances, two with Italian 035 nozzles and one with cheap Ebay nozzles. Went the Italian job and took the two good ones with me and a rinse lance. I thought this will be the easiest £250 I will ever make and I forgot this was the first clean of the year with my PW. I had already tested the washer and it was running fine so filled with fuel and wheeled it up my ramps and into my van. Got half a mile away to the job and filled up the bin. started using one of the twin turbo lances and one of the nozzles would not spin, I thought, never mind I'll swap it for the other lance and the same thing happened with it. I was raging and even contemplated swapping a bad nozzle for a good one. In the end I persevered with one nozzle and a jet. After changing the lance over a few times one began to fully work but I was nearly finished by then. Tonight I was buying 3 new nozzles from Rutland so I have 3 all Italian nozzles which should all be working for my next job in a week's time.