van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Billy clarke

Nano trolley controller
« on: April 27, 2024, 09:10:53 am »
Anyone help . The controller is turning itself off ., after 2 seconds . If you hold the button down it stays on . But as soon as you let go it turns off . Any ideas . New controller needed ? Cheers .

Billy clarke

Re: Nano trolley controller
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2024, 09:30:50 am »
Just to add . I put a new shurflow pump on about a month ago . Replacing the one that came with it as that pump just wasn’t powerful enough . But it had worked fine up to now .

Ched

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2024, 12:13:24 pm »
Check battery voltage and all connections and fuse holders. It could be a corroded connection or just the battery is on it's last legs.

Splash and dash

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2024, 02:57:29 pm »
Sounds like the battery I had similar issues with one replaced the battery at £200 and that solved the issue theses lithium batteries are a pita one cell goes down and it will shut the lot down , mine was showing fully charged but the controller inside the battery was faulty , you can’t replace the controller only the battery .

Billy clarke

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2024, 05:41:11 pm »
Cheers for that advice . Tried a spare battery and exactly the same problem . All connections seem good . If it was a connection , surely it would still turn off while I was holding the on button . Don’t mind buying a new controller but it’s down time . Drive to my local shop , get it fitted . Get to work , that’s a morning gone . Might seem a daft question . But has it got owt to do with the shurflow pump 100psi with that controller ?

Ched

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2024, 06:07:13 pm »
If you connect the pump via a fuse directly to the battery it should run at full speed if the pumps OK.
If the pumps pressure switch is working then you could work with the pump directly connected to the battery (via fuse) and your univalve/ tap would shut the pump off via the pressure switch. It's not a great way to work but could get enable you to carry on working for the day.

Billy clarke

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2024, 06:26:39 pm »
Pressure switch is disconnected on the pump . I bought the pump 15 years ago off a mate as a spare  for my van mount . Never needed it 15 years and the original pump is still going strong . How’s that for value for money . So put it on the trolley as the pumps that come on the nanos don’t last that long . Don’t seem as powerful ,

Spruce

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2024, 09:34:51 am »
Cheers for that advice . Tried a spare battery and exactly the same problem . All connections seem good . If it was a connection , surely it would still turn off while I was holding the on button . Don’t mind buying a new controller but it’s down time . Drive to my local shop , get it fitted . Get to work , that’s a morning gone . Might seem a daft question . But has it got owt to do with the shurflow pump 100psi with that controller ?

Definitely sounds like the controller.

As you say, the pump with a missing or failed pressure switch can't be used without the controller.

Personally, I would take a couple of days off and order another Spring derived controller asap.

The early controllers (Varistream & Spring) were pretty robust. Failures were mainly due to water ingress or connecting the battery up incorrectly (reversed polarity.) We did see a Varistream failure once reported by a poster with a burnt connector at the PC board.

The latest V16 Spring controllers do have built in reversed polarity protection.

My experience is that Daqua.co.uk have been very reliable with their next day deliveries.

Spring controllers have always worked very well with Shurflo pumps, so I wouldn't suspect a compatability problem.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2024, 01:40:35 pm »
If the pressure switch was only disconnected so the pump could be used with a digital controller you could always reconnect it temporarily until you get your new controller.
Just disconnect the positive wire from the motor and connect it to one side of the Pressure switch and connect the other side of the pressure switch to the now free terminal on the motor with another piece of wire of the same size. If you have an old piece of 13amp cable spare you can pull out a 12" length and use that. You will need a couple of female spade terminals to fix to the cable.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

Billy clarke

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2024, 02:08:46 pm »
Thanks for the advice . I could mess about with the pressure switch . And probably get working in the morning.i think I will just get yo my local shop for 9 in the morning. Get him to change it as well . 2 hours down time . If spruce thinks it’s the controller . Then controller it is . 👍

Spruce

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2024, 03:42:38 pm »
Thanks for the advice . I could mess about with the pressure switch . And probably get working in the morning.i think I will just get yo my local shop for 9 in the morning. Get him to change it as well . 2 hours down time . If spruce thinks it’s the controller . Then controller it is . 👍

No pressure then.  ;D

If it's not the battery or the pump, it has to be the controller.  Over the years, we have had a few issues with female stop hose connectors. Even with a male connector push fully inside, the stop valve was fully releasing. I won't use them now. But if you have bypassed the controller and water is following freely through to hose and out the brush head, then it has to be the only thing left; the controller.
If you remember connecting the battery up incorrectly, even if just for a split second, then the old Spring V11 controllers will be damaged. It may not fail immediately but will shortly down the line.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Billy clarke

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2024, 05:08:58 pm »
Let you know tomorrow. 👍

Billy clarke

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2024, 10:16:15 pm »
Bang on spruce . New controller fitted . Working fine now . 👍