van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JandS

Black stuff
« on: April 19, 2024, 03:24:59 pm »
Just done the 4th clean on a new build site to 4 houses.......they've been up about 7 months......already I'm getting black stripes on some of the window sills and more especially on the plastic just below the glass on patio doors.......is this normal, thought you only got it on older windows?
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

dd

Re: Black stuff
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2024, 05:33:31 pm »
Just run a wet finger or cloth along the rubber seals to see if they are bleeding.

I have one customer who had new windows with grey seals which bled from day one and still do.

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2024, 05:51:07 pm »
Just done the 4th clean on a new build site to 4 houses.......they've been up about 7 months......already I'm getting black stripes on some of the window sills and more especially on the plastic just below the glass on patio doors.......is this normal, thought you only got it on older windows?

It'll be crappy black rubber seals,some of the windows and doors they make these days are rubbish quality.

Look at how many coloured composite front doors fade over the course of a couple of years!
price higher/work harder!

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2024, 06:33:37 pm »

It'll be crappy black rubber seals,some of the windows and doors they make these days are rubbish quality.

Look at how many coloured composite front doors fade over the course of a couple of years!

Yea I always avoid cleaning those doors these days.  Waiting for the blame for them fading away.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

JandS

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2024, 08:48:35 pm »
The state some people accept their new builds is criminal........all 4 houses have some form of scratching and nicks on them and had dried on compo on them when I first did them plus end caps on sills dropping off.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Spruce

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2024, 05:32:30 am »

Yea I always avoid cleaning those doors these days.  Waiting for the blame for them fading away.

We have a local installer who tells customers that the reason why the doors fade is because of wfp. We've had that with 2 customers with the same story recently.
What about when it rains or the sun shines on it I asked. He just told me that we mustn't let the window cleaner clean the front door with his brush and water.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

PHILIP HARDY

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2024, 08:23:35 am »

[/quote]
This is absolutely true, we have around 10 jobs on the books with a "do not clean door" note, all of them are newish composite doors and the salesman have told them the warranty is nulled if they are washed by waterfed pole,
The area we cover is not huge, but its difficult to believe they have all come from the same supplier. Figure its an industry solution to avoid replacing shoddy doors.

[/quote]

[/quote]

We have a local installer who tells customers that the reason why the doors fade is because of wfp. We've had that with 2 customers with the same story recently.
What about when it rains or the sun shines on it I asked. He just told me that we mustn't let the window cleaner clean the front door with his brush and water.
[/quote]
The Stupid Neither Forgive Nor Forget
The Naive Forgive And Forget
The Wise Forgive But Don't Forget

windowswashed

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2024, 09:31:38 am »
Older composite doors do fade, the newer ones don't as a rule. I think the manufacturer never put any UV protection on the original doors but started to after complaints and refunds. as don't have problem with composite doors that are just a few years old but do with the older ones.

windowswashed

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2024, 09:34:51 am »
Flocked brushes are more aggressive  than single filament bristles on the rubbers that bleed which seem worse.

Using rinse bars above the brush stock doesn't leave black marks as bad as the brushes with jets or rinse bars in  the centre of the brush .

Stoots

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2024, 11:03:10 am »
I use scotch to clean doors then I can re record not fade away.