This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rb4no

hi mod pole
« on: April 08, 2024, 03:56:15 pm »
hi guys, would any of you recommend that a hi mod pole would  ease strain on my joints etc Was thinking that any effort put into the pole would more likely translate to what I want it to do therefore using less overall effort? if so what would you recommend, presently using a phanton 22ft which is an awesome workhorse, but the hi mod version is more than double the regular one and loads more than any of the competition. 

Any thoughts on the xline hex hi mod?

Stoots

Re: hi mod pole
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2024, 04:41:20 pm »
Its heavier than an extreme 22

just get the extreme, gardiner are still the best poles on the market imo.

windowswashed

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2024, 07:45:10 pm »
22ft pole doesn't make much difference, more noticeable on longer poles to benefit using higher strength carbon poles.

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2024, 08:36:25 pm »
hi guys, would any of you recommend that a hi mod pole would  ease strain on my joints etc Was thinking that any effort put into the pole would more likely translate to what I want it to do therefore using less overall effort? if so what would you recommend, presently using a phanton 22ft which is an awesome workhorse, but the hi mod version is more than double the regular one and loads more than any of the competition. 

A hi mod pole would of course ease any strain on joints but only if you use a light brush like an xtreme or supreme brush with it.if your gonna put a brick on the end your wasting your time.

An xtreme pole and 10" carbon gooseneck with xtreme brush would make a hell of a difference how you feel at the end of the day esp if you also 

1.use an electric reel
2.hot water
3.short working days
4.limit f/s/g jobs
5.rinse brush on the glass for most upper windows
6.eat a good diet
7.strength train 3 times a week

All these little things add up and make window cleaning as easy and enjoyable as possible.😉👍
price higher/work harder!

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2024, 09:42:27 pm »
8. play the drums
9. have beans in the bath
10. wear 3 Gortex jackets in the rain
11. take the dog to bed with you
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2024, 08:49:52 am »
22ft pole doesn't make much difference, more noticeable on longer poles to benefit using higher strength carbon poles.

As an old fart I would qualify the above.

I have an Xtreme 20 (4 sections) and an Xtreme 25 (5 sections).

The 4 sections is my go to pole and is less strain. After ten, twenty, thirty years it's less wear and tear.

;D Of course employing someone else reduces the physical strain even more! But even then you might keep your hand in from time to time.
It's a game of three halves!

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2024, 09:03:41 am »
8. play the drums
9. have beans in the bath
10. wear 3 Gortex jackets in the rain
11. take the dog to bed with you

Strength training is the way to strengthen joints and ligaments by building(and retaining)more muscle along with better bone density.very important as we get older esp past 50.

DJW

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2024, 11:12:57 am »
What’s more important … cardio fitness or strength training in old age?

High-Tower

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2024, 02:41:51 pm »

Strength and mobility 100% you’ll get sufficient cardio if you are weight training regularly.

rb4no

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2024, 03:28:54 pm »
thanks guys food for thought,  as it happens i'm seeing an osteopath tomorrow for a full check over. 5 weeks ago I woke up and couldn't stand up for four days straight then spent another five days using a zimmer around the house. My wife and kids were freaked out by what happened, although concerning for me I knew it wasn't anything sinister like a slipped disc as the pain as muscular. Been told by my GP and 111 docs that back spasms can be random and unexpected. Been feeling more myself since last week. Not getting any younger and already dealing with a whiplash injury from my teens so got to keep ahead of the decrepitude. Will be going to my local gym when this flare up has calmed down some more and will be working on all those joints

Stoots

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2024, 05:44:49 pm »
thanks guys food for thought,  as it happens i'm seeing an osteopath tomorrow for a full check over. 5 weeks ago I woke up and couldn't stand up for four days straight then spent another five days using a zimmer around the house. My wife and kids were freaked out by what happened, although concerning for me I knew it wasn't anything sinister like a slipped disc as the pain as muscular. Been told by my GP and 111 docs that back spasms can be random and unexpected. Been feeling more myself since last week. Not getting any younger and already dealing with a whiplash injury from my teens so got to keep ahead of the decrepitude. Will be going to my local gym when this flare up has calmed down some more and will be working on all those joints

Back symptoms can be really alarming.

In my 20s i jumped out of the downstairs window (dont ask me why) only about 6ft, i landed fine but jarred my back. I couldnt stand up, i crawled in the house on my knees, phoned a doctor and he came out. He said it was just muscular and to keep moving, I was pulling myself up on door frames and making a right fuss out of it i was convinced i had slipped a disc or something. Its happened a few times since just doing random stuff like bending.

the king

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2024, 07:51:05 pm »
a extreme 22 is a hell of a lot liter in the hand compared to a slx 22, i wouldent bother with the xline poles ive got the nano 25 and its top heavy and the clamps are poor,  gardner poles  are much better balanced , other poles worth looking at are the phamton himod and the evo8 himod , ive never used either but reviews suggest not as balanced as the extreme but still nice poles

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2024, 07:49:22 am »

Both

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2024, 06:17:00 pm »

Strength and mobility 100% you’ll get sufficient cardio if you are weight training regularly.

HIIT workouts as well as the weight training is good a few times a week.even just 20 mins on the treadmill walking with the odd higher intensity interval(full incline at a higher pace for a min)should suffice.or stationery bike with  interval sprints.this is very good for conditioning the heart

Obviously LISS(low intensity steady state)should be done every day which we do as window cleaners just cleaning....

NBwcs

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2024, 10:42:52 am »

I had to go back to using a clx 18 for a couple of days whilst  waiting for a nano replacement section.... It couldn't come quick enough. I have a dodgy shoulder through this job and  could feel it at the end of the day using the clx and was definitely more fatigued.  Alot of people on here seem to think the hi mods only really come into their own on the bigger poles, don't you believe it... I can clean 90 to 95% of my round just using an 18ft,it makes complete sense (ergonomically) to therefore use the lightest most rigid pole for the longest of times. From an ergonomic point of view, it's bonkers to carry round a larger pole than needed  for the majority of the day. I can't think of any windows above connys that I can't reach with an 18footer,and just get the steps out to reach the windows above flat roofs. A high mod pole transfers far more of the energy you put into the pole to the brush than using the budget poles. They are undeniable alot more expensive to use but as you get older your needs change, Ive got another 8 1/2 yrs till state pension kicks in and  ergonomics now take priority over expenses.