This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NBwcs

Hi mod poles
« on: April 05, 2024, 08:11:02 pm »
Broke a nano section today, (lasted 15months )ordered a replacement section (£176  :-\)  but wont be long before its decision time as to whether to change poles altogether. One of the reasons in favour of the xline nano has always been its price but they no longer offer a free brush which gardiners do which if say you choose a Gardiners supreme means theres only really about £85 between them(18ft) The other thing which has always swayed me towards the nano was that it seemed more robust than the xtreme (although still fairly fragile). This was based on the large volume of reviews on here of which a great many were critical of its lifespan, but to be fair to Gardiners, alot of those reviews were formed on the xtreme mk 1 and 2. Hows the Mk3 holding up? Any more robust than its predecessors?

Jonny 87

Re: Hi mod poles
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2024, 08:30:47 pm »
I usually get two years out of an extreme, and even then, it’s just one section I need to replace.

I wouldn’t go anywhere else.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2024, 09:22:59 pm »
I tried a nano and it feels stronger than an xtreme but I still snapped 2 sections in quick succession after 14 months so went back to the xtreme 3.the nano is marginally heavier and doesn't extend and retract as well due to the inferior clamps.

My current xtreme 25 is a year old now.seems OK still.ive not ever taken the sections apart and just rinse through with water  every month or so.not even replaced the joint stop tape.
price higher/work harder!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2024, 09:29:51 pm »
I usually get two years out of an extreme, and even then, it’s just one section I need to replace.

I wouldn’t go anywhere else.

Agreed - Gardiner's every time. But my present everyday Extreme is 3 years old this month. Because I only do a bit over 3k a month with it AND I rebuild it and lacquer it every year or so.

(The last two lasted about two years on a similar amount of work.)
It's a game of three halves!

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2024, 10:02:17 pm »
I've been making a living with an Xtreme 25 for some years now. For my work I mostly extend the top 2 sections, occasionally all three top sections and rarely the top four sections for a little three story work.

I go through the #2 section at the rate of one every two years and the #1 section about one every three years. The remaining sections  will probably not need replacing for many many years due to their light use.

I do little to no maintenance from spring through autumn but I do a fair bit in winter due to the amount of grit the hose picks up.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

zesty

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2024, 07:41:09 am »
I tried a nano and it feels stronger than an xtreme but I still snapped 2 sections in quick succession after 14 months so went back to the xtreme 3.the nano is marginally heavier and doesn't extend and retract as well due to the inferior clamps.

My current xtreme 25 is a year old now.seems OK still.ive not ever taken the sections apart and just rinse through with water  every month or so.not even replaced the joint stop tape.

I take the tape off! Hate the stuff.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2024, 08:23:09 am »
I've been making a living with an Xtreme 25 for some years now. For my work I mostly extend the top 2 sections, occasionally all three top sections and rarely the top four sections for a little three story work.

I go through the #2 section at the rate of one every two years and the #1 section about one every three years. The remaining sections  will probably not need replacing for many many years due to their light use.

I do little to no maintenance from spring through autumn but I do a fair bit in winter due to the amount of grit the hose picks up.

This a good point.

I run an Xtreme20 (top 4 sections of a 25) for my every day work. When I say in my post above that I have replace a couple of Xtremes I actually mean the top 3 (out of 4) sections. The number 4 section is actually still the original of the three poles. I always buy a new clamp for it when I change the top three sections out.

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2024, 02:15:02 pm »
I think I'll take mine apart tomorrow at missus house and give each section a good flush out and replace any joint stop tape then spray with PTFE.

I've took the joint stop tape off before now on other poles and it just causes the sections to splinter prematurely.

I'm hoping to get 2 years out of this one then maybe replace the 3 top sections for another few years of use.

I've still got an original xtreme 47 that's around 12 years old now but it only gets used a few times a month.its got the original clamps(not spring loaded).it's worn a bit but still plenty of life left in it yet.👍

Ended up just extending the sections and giving it a good flush out then sprayed with PTFE.as soon as I started to attempt to take the top section apart I could feel the joint stop tape beginning to chew up so left it.
price higher/work harder!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2024, 03:14:44 pm »
I think I'll take mine apart tomorrow at missus house and give each section a good flush out and replace any joint stop tape then spray with PTFE.

I've took the joint stop tape off before now on other poles and it just causes the sections to splinter prematurely.

I'm hoping to get 2 years out of this one then maybe replace the 3 top sections for another few years of use.

I've still got an original xtreme 47 that's around 12 years old now but it only gets used a few times a month.its got the original clamps(not spring loaded).it's worn a bit but still plenty of life left in it yet.👍

Me too. With the stepped sections. The top three sections have been replaced with the top three from my everyday Xtreme so they are un-stepped. I replaced the clamps on the first six or seven sections with spring loaded a few years back but the biggest three sections I left as they are hardly used.

Stoots

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2024, 06:02:34 pm »
I had the nano, it sits between and extreme and an slx imo. It is stronger than an extreme, mine lasted over a year before section 1 snapped but then again its not as light as an extreme so if you want the ultimate in weight this isnt it. The gardiner clamps are better but the nano arent bad once it beds in.

Ive had 2 extremes, 1 pole snapped after 6 weeks the other 7 months. Currently im using an slx because i cant bring myself to fork out another 6 or 700 quid just yet. I think though i`ll go back to extreme it is the better pole at a cost.

I still have a nano in the van with a snapped top section, nearly 200 quid to replace the section thats why its been abandoned lol

the king

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2024, 07:58:07 pm »
my nano still going strong but i changed the clamps to the phamton ones now it flys in use and no longer weres the sections out ,the old xline clamps used to grove the sections thats y they snap in short time  just had a look back i got my xline in 2022