This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JandS

AA
« on: April 04, 2024, 07:48:09 pm »
So have cover for me and wife with AA.....they won't cover the van though as classed as commercial use......what's the other breakdown firms like?
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Bungle

Re: AA
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2024, 09:11:46 pm »
Halifax Ultimate Reward? £17 a month, covers AA breakdown for you and family members, phone insurance, travel insurance and home emergency. Pay in over £1k a month and get £5 reward a month.
We look at them, they look through them.

Ched

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2024, 09:57:22 pm »
GreenFlag at about £8.56 a month.

DJW

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2024, 01:37:34 pm »
Toyota Hiace ….. don’t need breakdown cover.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2024, 03:17:57 pm »
Halifax Ultimate Reward? £17 a month, covers AA breakdown for you and family members, phone insurance, travel insurance and home emergency. Pay in over £1k a month and get £5 reward a month.
I don’t think you’ll find they’ll cover your commercial vehicle on that policy though. I didn’t want to take the chance as they said they’re enforcing their rules more strictly.

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2024, 04:04:59 pm »
£80  a year commercial vehicle breakdown cover including homestart(RAC)with my van insurance
price higher/work harder!

JandS

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2024, 04:24:14 pm »
Dazmond........RAC do it yet AA won't.....strange that will give them a ring.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2024, 05:44:15 pm »
It's an odd one with RAC.  You have to read the Terms and Conditions with a fine tooth comb.   Normal RAC cover does not include commercial cover anymore.  They now have a separate webpage for commercial cover policy cover.  Search it in Google.   It's a lot more expensive.

However third party offerings such as insurance companies all have different terms with RAC.  It's totally confusing so be careful.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2024, 06:14:32 pm »
It's an odd one with RAC.  You have to read the Terms and Conditions with a fine tooth comb.   Normal RAC cover does not include commercial cover anymore.  They now have a separate webpage for commercial cover policy cover.  Search it in Google.   It's a lot more expensive.

However third party offerings such as insurance companies all have different terms with RAC.  It's totally confusing so be careful.

I always get my  breakdown cover (with home start) when  I renew my commercial van insurance.of course I'm covered!it's usually cheaper than getting it separately too!👍

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2024, 06:20:45 pm »

I always get my  breakdown cover (with home start) when  I renew my commercial van insurance.of course I'm covered!it's usually cheaper than getting it separately too!👍

Yea same with me.  I have Sole Trader RAC cover through an insurance company which is cheaper than direct Commercial RAC cover.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Bungle

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2024, 06:59:20 pm »
I don’t think you’ll find they’ll cover your commercial vehicle on that policy though. I didn’t want to take the chance as they said they’re enforcing their rules more strictly.

They came out to me when I broke down last year in my van. Auxiliary belt snapped on my way home. I limped back but it died a couple of miles from home. They charged my battery and followed me to my designated garage. I hope it's still in force now.

deeege

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2024, 08:00:54 am »
I thought this thread was about Dazmondos new tattoo.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Stoots

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2024, 07:02:33 pm »
RAC don't cover commercial. They cover personal vans and if yours is not sign written and no sign of tools you won't have a problem.

I thought mine was covered but because it was obviously been used commercially I had to pay 100 quid for a tow.

I switched to AA  but now they've stopped it.

So i signed up with green flag but after reading the small print I dont think im Properly covered with them either.

Doesn't seem to be anyway around taking out a commercial policy these days.

Bungle

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2024, 09:54:12 pm »
RAC don't cover commercial. They cover personal vans and if yours is not sign written and no sign of tools you won't have a problem.

I thought mine was covered but because it was obviously been used commercially I had to pay 100 quid for a tow.

So i signed up with green flag but after reading the small print I dont think im Properly covered with them either.

This is all I could find whereby they won't cover you.

There’s no cover when travelling in a car, van, minibus or motorcycle exceeding the weight restriction of 3.5 tonnes and max width restriction of 8ft 3in (2.55m).

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2024, 09:30:52 am »

Yes they do....my RAC breakdown is all part of my commercial van insurance.homestart too.£80 add on.

I even got a free dashcam with my van insurance which I'm fitting today.👍

DJW

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2024, 04:01:48 pm »
Don’t forget it’s supposed to point outwards!

Stoots

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2024, 04:35:11 pm »

Yes they do....my RAC breakdown is all part of my commercial van insurance.homestart too.£80 add on.

I even got a free dashcam with my van insurance which I'm fitting today.👍

Well yeah of course they do on a commercial policy, but i meant on a normal policy. They all used to.

JandS

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2024, 04:01:50 pm »
Yes just got RAC  breakdown cover through my insurer for van.......£80.83....same as Dazmonds by the look of it.