This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

johnny bravo

PL Insurance
« on: April 03, 2024, 06:00:55 pm »
what are people paying for Solo Trader  Public Liability Insurance.   1 man set up. Basic

dazmond

Re: PL Insurance
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2024, 06:08:48 pm »
what are people paying for Solo Trader  Public Liability Insurance.   1 man set up. Basic

£92 per year with simply business(1million cover)
price higher/work harder!

johnny bravo

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2024, 06:13:09 pm »
£67 ,    1 million    Markel Direct

windowswashed

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2024, 08:14:11 pm »
£134 for 5million cover as commercial customers required it for me to work on their properties

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2024, 06:52:42 am »
Interesting topic.  Been using Gleaming for years but prices have shot up massively recently.  Shocking.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

johnny bravo

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2024, 03:24:03 pm »
there are lots doing domestic that do not have PL i
I have to get it now as dentists manager wants to see it next clean.     So ill get  it as it will pay for itself after a few cleans.    An excuse to put price up.     Used to pay cash on reception but its all gone Send Invoice to Company  now.    So all accountable now
£67  is very reasonable for 1 man  set up.       it will be there for a few more small commercials i have.

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2024, 06:26:38 pm »
Always need PLI these days,I clean children's homes and a school for kids with autism and other disorders and you need eyes in the back of your head when cleaning!

tlwcs

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2024, 07:37:05 pm »
there are lots doing domestic that do not have PL i
I have to get it now as dentists manager wants to see it next clean.     So ill get  it as it will pay for itself after a few cleans.    An excuse to put price up.     Used to pay cash on reception but its all gone Send Invoice to Company  now.    So all accountable now
£67  is very reasonable for 1 man  set up.       it will be there for a few more small commercials i have.

I used to do a dentist. £45. In and out. Slow to transfer the payment so I stopped going. The owners wife rang me to see if I was ok as I’d stopped coming. I said I’d stopped as they took too long to pay.
She asked if I’d take cash and I resumed the service.
6 years later a pretty little nurse with extremely white teeth as if  I took bank transfer.  I told her the story and she assured me she would not let that happen, so I agreed to be paid via transfer.
2 months later no payments. They did pay and asked if I was ok via email. I never replied..

NBwcs

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2024, 07:54:44 pm »
Interesting topic.  Been using Gleaming for years but prices have shot up massively recently.  Shocking.

Me too, they are dear but at least you know the glass your cleaning is covered. Alot of these pl insurances have small print andwon't actually cover you for  damage to glass. Mines due in a couple of weeks and they're asking for £238  >:(,.

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2024, 09:36:07 pm »

Me too, they are dear but at least you know the glass your cleaning is covered. Alot of these pl insurances have small print andwon't actually cover you for  damage to glass. Mines due in a couple of weeks and they're asking for £238  >:(,.

Public liability insurance is for if someone tries to sue me because they got injured as a result of my actions(tripped over hose or pole hit them on the head,etc)not property being worked on.

NBwcs

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2024, 09:31:53 am »

Public liability insurance is for if someone tries to sue me because they got injured as a result of my actions(tripped over hose or pole hit them on the head,etc)not property being worked on.

Therein lies a very big potential problem, what if the "trip" or the "blow to the head" happens on the property your working on, will you be covered, or is it another insurance firm small print get out? I have no faith in insurance companies, even me paying for a more comprehensive product through Gleaming doesn't give me 100% reassurance but given the price of some of these panes of glass, I wouldn't want to be without it. It is flipping dear though.

johnny bravo

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2024, 11:27:49 am »
Yes ive noticed a lot do NOT Cover Glass  Damage  Its basically Pedestrians etc  while out working .   

You have to phone them up to comfirm.
It will state this in tiny small print.