This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Innocence & Experience

MOT
« on: April 01, 2024, 03:31:36 pm »
My van is booked in for MOT tomorrow 8am, currently fully loaded with 700 litres of pure as going to work straight after.
What are peoples thoughts about the weight being lifted on the ramp (transit custom) as ive always timed it so the tank was empty before now.

Smudger

Re: MOT
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2024, 03:39:18 pm »
What size van?

My mot station or mechanic will work on a 3.5 tonne with a full or even half full tank
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

AuRavelling79

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2024, 03:48:09 pm »
My van is booked in for MOT tomorrow 8am, currently fully loaded with 700 litres of pure as going to work straight after.
What are peoples thoughts about the weight being lifted on the ramp (transit custom) as ive always timed it so the tank was empty before now.

I'd have thought it would be okay but I would check what my GVW is and mention it to the garage.

In theory I reckon if they are putting a vehicle on their ramps then it should take the weight of the vehicle (mass in running order) plus any permitted payload - say 1000/1200KG inc fuel and driver.

But if they have a small set of ramps for say cars and light vans only make sure you tell'um first.

You 'I'm going straight out to work so my van is quite near it's maximum payload - just letting you know before you put it on the ramps.'

Garage Op 'What's the GVW/Let's check the GVW/My ramps are 5 tonnes so no problem'

You  'Great, just wanted to be sure/Oh! I'd better rearrange!'
It's a game of three halves!

Slacky

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2024, 04:43:58 pm »
My garage always asks me to make sure it's empty.

Sometimes it is and sometimes it isnt.

EandM

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2024, 10:25:09 pm »
Just MOTd one of my Rangers with a full tank and about 2.5 tonnes up.

No problems.

Innocence & Experience

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2024, 03:31:37 pm »
Thanks for all of your input.
Unfortunatley they wouldn,t MOT my van anyway as its registered as Class 7 and they can only test class 4!
Now booked in somewhere else at 4pm tomorrow so water tank will be empty anyway  :)