van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Laugher

Pricing georgian windowa
« on: March 28, 2024, 07:14:00 pm »
how much extra or how are you pricing to clean georgian windows? been to look at house with them and a mixture of sizes but really unsure how to price it. will be done by Wfp and fairly new plastic windows

Slacky

Re: Pricing georgian windowa
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2024, 07:52:10 pm »
For me it depends on the quality of the frames. If they're wooden and kacky frames/peeling paint I tend to up the price.

For Georgian I start at £3 a window.

Ched

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2024, 10:54:57 pm »
Watch out  for the ones with bonded glazing bars as the glue breaks down over the years and they become very easy to knock off with your brush!

KS Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2024, 10:56:08 pm »
So you’ve been on this forum since 2014 and you’re not sure how to price UPVC Georgian windows?……mmmmm🤔

Laugher

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2024, 12:20:18 am »
So you’ve been on this forum since 2014 and you’re not sure how to price UPVC Georgian windows?……mmmmm🤔

I don’t get many Georgian window jobs in my area and the ones I have done in the past I always feel like I’m underpriced. So I don’t want to sell myself short.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2024, 07:57:43 am »

Well hands up here.

I've never consciously had 'a price for (uPVC) Georgian windows' but this thread has crystallised that I should allow not so much for the panes but for all the side frames and deeper cills.

If OP wants a reason in the back of his mind to up his prices to customers then good on him for asking.

Never too old to learn ...
It's a game of three halves!

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2024, 09:46:51 am »
The truth is there is no hard or fast rule.when trad I used to charge a higher price as they took longer but with wfp I don't see a noticeable time difference than cleaning a normal window on maintenance cleans obviously if they are bad on a first clean I'd double the maintenance clean price.
price higher/work harder!

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2024, 11:32:07 am »
For me it’s the bow fronted Georgian doors the frames are really deep for the brush
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Laugher

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2024, 08:21:08 pm »

Didn't get the job as quote was to high not sure if i was to far out, this is the front down the side there is a door and 3 small georgian windows and round the back there is a French doors 2 sets of 5 bi-folds and have to go on a roof to do a roof lantern and 3 more georgian windows like the smaller ones on the front.

I quoted £60 monthly or £72 every 2 months

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2024, 08:55:40 am »

Didn't get the job as quote was to high not sure if i was to far out, this is the front down the side there is a door and 3 small georgian windows and round the back there is a French doors 2 sets of 5 bi-folds and have to go on a roof to do a roof lantern and 3 more georgian windows like the smaller ones on the front.

I quoted £60 monthly or £72 every 2 months

I never quote monthly for larger domestics like that.id happily clean that for £50 8 weekly(minus the roof lantern as I don't use ladders at all now).I have quite a few properties like this right near each other and they are easy to clean and only take 30 mins on maintenance cleans.
price higher/work harder!