van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DJW

CP What happens when you retire?
« on: March 28, 2024, 12:42:17 pm »
Obviously you won’t want to be spending out on subscriptions anymore but can CP be saved or accessed once the time comes?  If it’s saved as a file or on a stick can all your past records be looked up? Anyone know?

dazmond

Re: CP What happens when you retire?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2024, 03:12:25 pm »
Obviously you won’t want to be spending out on subscriptions anymore but can CP be saved or accessed once the time comes?  If it’s saved as a file or on a stick can all your past records be looked up? Anyone know?

I think you can back up all your data to a pendrive for future reference.i never back mine up as I rely on CP to do that for me.i should really just in case anything happens to cleaner planner!
price higher/work harder!

Stoots

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2024, 04:06:54 pm »
I always download my account data from cp at least once a month.

Not sure what you mean though, if you have retired completely why do you need the data.

DJW

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2024, 05:10:16 pm »
Well, the tax man could ask to see records I guess or my accountant or even me. So once you stop your subscription does cp shut your account down and any records disappear?
I imagine they do.

Splash & dash

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2024, 05:23:57 pm »
Well, the tax man could ask to see records I guess or my accountant or even me. So once you stop your subscription does cp shut your account down and any records disappear?
I imagine they do.

Surely you can print it off ?

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2024, 05:42:30 pm »
I imagine they do.

Just print off your profit and loss sheets for each tax year since you ve been using cleaner planner(payments only for cash basis accounting)and keep your receipts together.

Job done.

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2024, 05:56:36 pm »
You could even print off your expenses for each tax year if you want to be extra thorough before you shut down your account.👍

DJW

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2024, 09:30:52 am »
I do anyway each year for my accountant. Normally all expenses and receipts but not individual customers or payments, just end of year figures. Turnover and expenses basically. I’ve kept paper files, stored for years.

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2024, 09:39:47 am »
I do anyway each year for my accountant. Normally all expenses and receipts but not individual customers or payments, just end of year figures. Turnover and expenses basically. I’ve kept paper files, stored for years.

That's all you need.if you had an investigation you d just need bank statements too.thats it.

Ggh

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2024, 11:51:56 am »
Surely your returns are filed every year?

End of the year now innit.
Z21 cherry picker and operator for hire
From £350/day

Stoots

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2024, 10:35:09 pm »
I dont use cleaner planner for any kind of accounting.

Bank account records money in and money out. Don't need cp at all it's only for keeping track of your round.

DJW

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2024, 08:03:46 am »
Handy for invoicing though and end of year reports. Bit expensive for the man on his own.
It also came in handy when I sold my round a few weeks back. The buyer used CP too and we transferred all my customers into his planner.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2024, 09:14:44 am »
Handy for invoicing though and end of year reports. Bit expensive for the man on his own.
It also came in handy when I sold my round a few weeks back. The buyer used CP too and we transferred all my customers into his planner.

Have you sold up completely? Can I ask what steps you took to sell and transfer your round?
It's a game of three halves!

DJW

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2024, 03:30:29 pm »
Yep, sold up.
Simply put a post up on a fairly local Facebook page. Also advertised on here but no takers.
Plenty of locals wanted parts of the round then one guy took the lot. He was an established business.
Printed around 350 letters and delivered them to every customer. New guy transferred the lot to his CP and I walked away the same day.
I had a date in mind that I intended to retire but advertised in plenty of time just in case it didn’t sell and sold three months early.
I was also prepared to simply walk away if it didn’t sell at all by the date I had in mind.
I had no intention of ever working past retirement age whatever happened.
Still come on here just for the amusement of Porche driving windowcleaners and bodybuilding old men 🤣

Smudger

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2024, 03:41:25 pm »
Well done

Yes please stay on the forum 🤪
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Slacky

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2024, 08:55:22 pm »
Yep, sold up.
Simply put a post up on a fairly local Facebook page. Also advertised on here but no takers.
Plenty of locals wanted parts of the round then one guy took the lot. He was an established business.
Printed around 350 letters and delivered them to every customer. New guy transferred the lot to his CP and I walked away the same day.
I had a date in mind that I intended to retire but advertised in plenty of time just in case it didn’t sell and sold three months early.
I was also prepared to simply walk away if it didn’t sell at all by the date I had in mind.
I had no intention of ever working past retirement age whatever happened.
Still come on here just for the amusement of Porche driving windowcleaners and bodybuilding old men 🤣

IME word got out I was selling as a result of posting on here. I was subsequently phoned by a window cleaner who I’d sold work to previously.

We met and discussed the work, discussed my needs (due to me emigrating and still in the visa application stage) discussed the price and agreed on the spot the sale. I’ve received a 25% deposit and will keep working the round exactly as if it’s still my business until my visa comes through.

Hoping to be finished or winding up in 2 months time.