van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Gas pipe replacement.....
« on: March 20, 2024, 06:20:23 pm »
An estate I clean have all had letters yesterday saying they are replacing all the gas pipes with plastic ones over the next 2 months.which means over a hundred driveways will need to be dug up.some of my customers have only recently had resin and imprinted concrete drives....

It's gonna be mega disruptive as lots of customers have 2 cars on their drives normally!

Might have to skip the whole estate for a few months!

Any other window cleaners had serious disruption  getting access to and cleaning their work?
price higher/work harder!

robbo333

Re: Gas pipe replacement.....
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2024, 06:30:47 pm »
Get a back pack, stick it on a trolley, and get fit!
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2024, 06:44:18 pm »

I have actually got a backpack and foldaway trolley.ive also got 20m of pole hose with a univalve fitted.might have to dig it out for the odd job here and there.

I hate missing work and I'm off to Ibiza in May so I think I'll try and crack on!

Jonny 87

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2024, 07:17:53 pm »
I had this recently.

I just cleaned the fronts only of most of them and then the following month it was all competed.

The problem was, they dig up the drives, then leave them like this for a while, cordoned off with red barriers. Then the next phase moves in.

It’s a pain, but won’t be forever.

I’ve got way too much work anyway so I just moved some other work in its place.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Bungle

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2024, 07:43:04 pm »

I have actually got a backpack and foldaway trolley.ive also got 20m of pole hose with a univalve fitted.might have to dig it out for the odd job here and there.

I hate missing work and I'm off to Ibiza in May so I think I'll try and crack on!

Thinly veiled 'I'm going on holiday and you all need to know'.
We look at them, they look through them.

NBwcs

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2024, 07:53:56 pm »
An estate I clean have all had letters yesterday saying they are replacing all the gas pipes with plastic ones over the next 2 months.which means over a hundred driveways will need to be dug up.some of my customers have only recently had resin and imprinted concrete drives....

It's gonna be mega disruptive as lots of customers have 2 cars on their drives normally!

Might have to skip the whole estate for a few months!

Any other window cleaners had serious disruption  getting access to and cleaning their work?

They've been doing it round here for a while but they don't do everyone's drive at the same time, they do a run, finish , then move a bit further on so you might have access issues with one or two if your unlucky but should be able to access the majority on an estate. A pain but not a major pain,

Ched

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2024, 08:32:15 pm »
When they carried out the gas pipe replacements round here they managed to slide a new pipe through the old one. So only digging in the street, they dig about 20 holes in the pavement, then start the next 20 holes while they other team insert the pipes, then another team fill the holes. The barriers where on the pavement outside each house for about 3 weeks. I managed to continue all my work but sometimes I did have to swap a few days work round as they closed a road or 2 for a day.

zesty

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2024, 08:37:58 pm »
I have hardly any houses in a row, so never really affects me  ;D

deeege

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2024, 08:43:26 pm »
I’ve got a new imprinted concrete drive (3 years old) and had this recently for electric cables.

The whole estate was a mess for months. They only had to dig a very small hole in my driveway and used a ‘mole’ from the pavement to carry the new cable in. The patch repair work they did on my drive was incredible.

Anyway, take a month off Daz and spend a bit more time in Ibiza, you only live once.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Ggh

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2024, 09:18:49 pm »
Nobody round here has town gas. It’s all kerosene tanks.

Guess you’ll have a nightmare parking?
Z21 cherry picker and operator for hire
From £350/day

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2024, 10:42:04 pm »
I’ve got a new imprinted concrete drive (3 years old) and had this recently for electric cables.

The whole estate was a mess for months. They only had to dig a very small hole in my driveway and used a ‘mole’ from the pavement to carry the new cable in. The patch repair work they did on my drive was incredible.

Anyway, take a month off Daz and spend a bit more time in Ibiza, you only live once.

Ive never took a month off in 31 years of window cleaning and I'm not about to start now! ;D

I'll just work around it.we only go away for a week or 10 days at a time.id like to stretch it to 2 weeks but missus is self employed too and can't leave the shop for too long.

Slacky

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2024, 10:44:55 pm »

Thinly veiled 'I'm going on holiday and you all need to know'.

Who’s going on holiday?

DJW

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2024, 07:16:15 am »
Where?

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2024, 08:04:10 am »
I had this recently.

I just cleaned the fronts only of most of them and then the following month it was all competed.

The problem was, they dig up the drives, then leave them like this for a while, cordoned off with red barriers. Then the next phase moves in.

Why did you only clean the fronts?

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2024, 06:27:00 pm »

Started already on another run of work!absolutely impossible to park or even get through in the van!🙄

2 months of this yet!😡

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2024, 06:31:13 pm »

Thank god for my backpack!I reckon this will be getting used a lot more over the course of the next 2 months.i think I'll add 20m of pole hose and stick it on my foldaway trolley.im also tradding ground floor windows (that I can reach) to save water.

Jonny 87

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2024, 07:41:00 am »
I had this recently.

Why did you only clean the fronts?

Because the fronts had much easier access, and the side of the properties had the driveway dug up for access to the gas pipe.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher