Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stoots

Small or Large portable ?
« on: February 03, 2024, 11:39:16 am »
I have done carpet cleaning years ago using a extracta (big yellow thing) it was a reliable machine but it weighed an absoloute tonne.

So anyway, should i get a larger portable with lots of hose  and leave it at the front door whilst cleaning vs buying something like an airflex mini with a short hose and just take it upstairs etc ?

seems like the smaller one will be cheaper and easier to lift in and out of the van so im leaning towards that idea,

thoughts ?

cheers

Stoots

Re: Small or Large portable ?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2024, 05:38:16 pm »
Good job im not desperate for an answer init

Dead over the dark side here.

Nevermind ive bought one now a big heavy thing with loads of hose

JandS

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2024, 12:55:54 pm »
Which one you gone for?...better off with big one no need to keep moving it, you can leave it outside the property so if anything goes wrong it's outside.....easier filling it as well as you don't have to be too careful and same with emptying....I rarely had to take mine inside apart from big commercial jobs......I had 100 foot of solution and waste hose and that was more than adequate for most bog standard domestic jobs.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Graeme@Access

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2024, 05:52:46 pm »
I guess it depends what kind of work your going for? If its houses you could get a decent agitator and use a wee machine to rinse it with acceptable drying times. A bigger and more powerful one will always do a faster/better job imo. Size matters and a householder praising the size of your tools is nice :P

We have a prochem you can pivot lift into a transit custom easy. We have a small one that does it aswell.

My advice is to get yourself out to a guy that sells machines and test it - see what right for you. Its nice to have a relationship with a dealer as i dont know how many times Prochem Scotland has saved me over the years and we get pretty much everything from them because of that relationship.

Stoots

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2024, 05:46:01 pm »
Which one you gone for?...better off with big one no need to keep moving it, you can leave it outside the property so if anything goes wrong it's outside.....easier filling it as well as you don't have to be too careful and same with emptying....I rarely had to take mine inside apart from big commercial jobs......I had 100 foot of solution and waste hose and that was more than adequate for most bog standard domestic jobs.

Its not that bad actually i got a second hand airflex pro 400. Its probably not powerfull enough to run much more than 50ft of hose but ive just done my 3 bed semi with the machine at the back door easy enough. Should be fine for the majority of domestics.