This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AuRavelling79

Gutter Clean Question
« on: November 16, 2023, 11:17:55 am »
When you are cleaning gutters with a gutter vac and there is gutter guard brush in the gutters how does it affect how you clean?
It's a game of three halves!

Smudger

Re: Gutter Clean Question
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2023, 11:44:12 am »
Badly - if the gutters have any of that sort of thing in them we charge to remove it - we will not put it back in either

Otherwise I pass on the job
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Soupy

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2023, 11:47:16 am »
The worlds most useless invention.

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2023, 11:59:19 am »
You can't really clean out gutters with the likes of hedgehogs etc in them,
a few months ago I did one with hedgehogs, I removed them first using a ladder followed by the gutter vac

I did charge for removing them and convinced the customer not to put them back in as they are a total waste of time.
Had the customer ask me to replace them they would have incurred further charges for this service 

AuRavelling79

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2023, 11:59:41 am »
Badly - if the gutters have any of that sort of thing in them we charge to remove it - we will not put it back in either

Otherwise I pass on the job

Do you pull it down from the ground or go up and retrieve it.

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2023, 12:33:22 pm »
Really depends on access - straight ladder then it’s quicker to go up and pull out - otherwise we hook and  suck out

I posed this question to the customer - if these hedgehogs work so well why are you asking me to clear the gutters?
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

AuRavelling79

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2023, 02:55:50 pm »
Thanks everyone.

Shrek

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2023, 03:14:15 pm »
My customer had one and it was a really tall house on a slight hill. No way to get ladders up safely so just told her il use the vacuum to suck the hedgehog out and clear the gutters but I won’t be putting it back in afterwards . She was ok about it 👍

robbo333

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2023, 03:45:22 pm »
Be careful when removing them, the crap goes everywhere!
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Splash & dash

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2023, 07:09:20 pm »
When you are cleaning gutters with a gutter vac and there is gutter guard brush in the gutters how does it affect how you clean?

As Darren says we will only do the job if we remove it we won’t re fit it or replace it usually removing it makes the outside of the gutter filthy as well so we will advise that they have the gfs cleaned at the same time , if they dint want that we will just rinse the gutters off using the garden hose .

tom20001

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2023, 08:48:44 am »
The worlds most useless invention.

Exactly,  complete waste of time. Just goes to show power of marketing