van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Splash & dash

Re: Moving house
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2023, 06:39:22 pm »
How long does it take to fill a 500L tank using an RO?

My missus tap water is around 125 where mine is 026....

I really don't fancy using an RO to purify my water as I've only ever used  DI vessels in 13 years of WFP.

It currently takes around 30 mins to fill mine using DI only.

Can i just buy an RO on wheels that can be stored in a garage and hooked up to my van after work in the evenings?(missus has outside tap and drain next to garage door).

We produce a 1000 ltr of pure in 2 hours , twin ros  and booster pump

Splash & dash

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2023, 06:53:48 pm »
Splash -
Sometimes it might be better to accept another point of view esp. when they have actual experience

Please don’t keep going down the Nigel route of know it all ness 👍

Those filters aren’t designed for window cleaning end of that’s a fact , yes they can produce pure small amounts over many hours but that’s not what they were made for .

Everyone is entitled to there point of view and I fully endorse that but  if you want to produce reasonable amounts of water for years a 4040 ro is a much  better way to do it that’s what they are made for . I have a large koi pond and the bigger the filtration set up you have the better water quality you get it’s exactly the  same  with producing large volumes of pure . I have friends who have  theses little Merlin things so know exactly how they work , and it’s painful watching the very poor amount of pure trickle out of a tiny hose , usually they also dump far more water than is needed in most cases ,and need ti be run up to 24 hours a day to produce 1000 ltr . If ones are looking to get a filtration set up it’s good that they go into it with all the facts so they can make an  informed choice,, ime very glad I had  friends who had Merlin’s before I bought my set up as I could see they weren’t suitable and went straight fir a 4040 .

Talking of Nigel what’s happened to him ?….. 😂😂😂😂

deeege

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2023, 07:01:04 pm »
How long does it take to fill a 500L tank using an RO?

My missus tap water is around 125 where mine is 026....

I really don't fancy using an RO to purify my water as I've only ever used  DI vessels in 13 years of WFP.

It currently takes around 30 mins to fill mine using DI only.

Can i just buy an RO on wheels that can be stored in a garage and hooked up to my van after work in the evenings?(missus has outside tap and drain next to garage door).

I’d be tempted to stick with DI only at 125 ppm, maybe go double DI to maximise the resin.

For a static setup you’d have to find somewhere at your mrs’s place to house an IBC and RO setup (with the booster making noise). She might not like that?
And direct to van tank with a 4040 or merlin would be a ballache (even if you install an auto shut off).

Just for clarification though because you asked, my 4040 will fill the IBC (1000litres) in around 6/7 hours from empty depending on temperature.
The takes around 10mins to transfer the water to 650 van tank from empty.

No need to fit a tank in the garage. I’ve just got one of the RO/Di filtration trolleys systems as linked above. Take up very little space and just plug it into my vans tank and away I go. Filled in less than 90 mins.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

AuRavelling79

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2023, 07:13:11 pm »
Membranes annually to 15 months.
1 bag of resin 25kg per year
10" sediment filter every 77,000 litres
Carbon filter every 38500 litres (total)  or it prematurely kills the membranes.

Input about 300 ppm output starts below 20, drops below 10 after a week and gradually rises and I change at about 18.

We use about 3000 litres a week (6000 to waste) and store at about 3 to 10 ppm.

Neither of us carry resin on our van.

No water meter.

My input changes when there are dry periods  in the feeds to Bristol. It can be as low as 250 following a lot of rain and as high as 350 in prolonged dry periods.

Ime very surprised you only use one bag of resin a year with those readings  using that amount of water , but we always use 000 once we get a reading of 003 we change the resin .

That's the difference. I happily work with 10ppm. And so does Dan the man. ( My son in law )
It's a game of three halves!

Smudger

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2023, 10:04:35 pm »
Of course people can have differing view points - however at least 2 of us have stated how good the Merlin is and probably ideal for the op

I realise by your superior tone that you don’t take peoples circumstances into consideration- but then again as with every thread you post in it’s how you do it bigger, better and more of it anyone else

Just for a change post some genuine helpful advice

All the best
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Don Kee

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2023, 10:08:32 pm »
Of course people can have differing view points - however at least 2 of us have stated how good the Merlin is and probably ideal for the op

I realise by your superior tone that you don’t take peoples circumstances into consideration- but then again as with every thread you post in it’s how you do it bigger, better and more of it anyone else

All the best

Did you know that Splash employs?
He’s only mentioned it once or twice…  ;D

Don Kee

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2023, 10:12:54 pm »

No need to fit a tank in the garage. I’ve just got one of the RO/Di filtration trolleys systems as linked above. Take up very little space and just plug it into my vans tank and away I go. Filled in less than 90 mins.

I missed that post, sorry! Just gone back and had a look.

Interesting bit of kit and if it’s producing 450litres in 90mins, it’s very good!

Out of interest though, I bought my complete 4040 from Daqua (few years ago now mind) for around £650ish (I think). I bought the booster separately, from a Smudger recommendation, all in around £850/£900.

That trolley system is a grand on top of that, what am I missing that makes it worth £1k more apart from it having a trolley..?

Smudger

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2023, 10:25:08 pm »
That’s it it’s on a trolley

Initially they were promoted to give you pure without a tank on large jobs
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

deeege

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2023, 10:39:00 pm »

I missed that post, sorry! Just gone back and had a look.

Interesting bit of kit and if it’s producing 450litres in 90mins, it’s very good!

Out of interest though, I bought my complete 4040 from Daqua (few years ago now mind) for around £650ish (I think). I bought the booster separately, from a Smudger recommendation, all in around £850/£900.

That trolley system is a grand on top of that, what am I missing that makes it worth £1k more apart from it having a trolley..?

I paid around £1000 inc vat for mine. There’s an option to untick and it removes the booster pump which knocks the price right down. I don’t need or use a booster.

Edit: £758.00 + vat
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Splash & dash

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2023, 10:59:39 pm »

All the best

You do talk some rubbish Darren bigger and better my arse , yes I have a lot of experience, as anyone who has been doing this for 24 years would have , there is no point in my opinion in buying  something that in a very short time they will outgrow , how many people buy a small van with a 350 ltr tank in less than a year they say wish I had bought a bigger van with larger tank , far better to look ahead and not waist money by buying twice.
Didn’t realise you were an expert in window cleaning thought you did more pressure washing ?

I don’t need this forum for advice on how to do things I have been there and made enough mistakes over the years and learned from them , what I post is from that experience, to try and help ones so they don’t make the same mistakes, as I said earlier I have several friends that have had Merlin’s thought they were the best thing since sliced bread as they knew no different, then they see what a 4040 will do and surprise  surprise they realise they made a mistake and then upgrade to a 4040 , just get the right tool for the job in the first place is what ime saying , if ones are starting out better off saving up and getting future proof kit . If that’s the wrong advice then that’s fine with me , ime seriously considering leaving this forum as it’s full of idiots that hide behind a keyboard and spout rubbish , I try to give on hear but I never get anything back just don’t think it’s worth the hassle as soupy said in a post ones are leaving ,not posting etc wonder why ?..

Don Kee

« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2023, 07:48:55 am »
I try to give on hear but I never get anything back just don’t think it’s worth the hassle

What is you want back?

If it makes you feel better, I think you’re amazing.
I love how you get angry on an internet forum and give it large, especially when it’s what you’re accusing others of doing.

Fingers crossed when you’ve had a sleep and got over the hangover, you’ll re-read this thread and realise that wetting your bed over whos experience with a Merlin is more accurate, probably wasn’t worth it.

Just remember, we all think you’re great x

AuRavelling79

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2023, 09:02:56 am »
Come on guys.

As a Merlin user I can see why people choose differently. Different TDS, on a meter, no driveway etc.

If it was just me part time a 450gpd would be fine.

If I wanted fast fill, different ratio to waste I might go 4040 or something else.

It's a game of three halves!

Ggh

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2023, 09:14:13 am »
Why not a 450gpd RO? It’s a compromise. I’ve still got one knocking around, not used it for 5 years. It’s going free if anyone wants it. Will need new membranes and filters.
I used to turn it on before bed (yeh baby) and would have a full tank ready in the morning.
Perfect for solo window cleaning.
Z21 cherry picker and operator for hire
From £350/day

Splash & dash

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2023, 03:14:32 pm »
I try to give on hear but I never get anything back just don’t think it’s worth the hassle

What is you want back?

If it makes you feel better, I think you’re amazing.
I love how you get angry on an internet forum and give it large, especially when it’s what you’re accusing others of doing.

Fingers crossed when you’ve had a sleep and got over the hangover, you’ll re-read this thread and realise that wetting your bed over whos experience with a Merlin is more accurate, probably wasn’t worth it.

Just remember, we all think you’re great x

I don’t get anything from this forum knowledge wise is what I meant or how to do xyz

Don’t drink so certainly no hangover .

Stoots

« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2023, 05:37:07 pm »
I've always had a cheap 450gpd since i started I've often thought about upgrading to a 40/40 but it's of no benefit.

It's takes about 24 hours to fill my IBC.

Which is fine for me I fill the van 900l on a weekend and fill the Ibc. That can last me pretty much all week but once the ibc is empty I just turn it on when I come home, let it fill overnight and turn it off in the morning.

windowswashed

« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2023, 06:07:20 pm »
I've always had a cheap 450gpd since i started I've often thought about upgrading to a 40/40 but it's of no benefit.

Which is fine for me I fill the van 900l on a weekend and fill the Ibc. That can last me pretty much all week but once the ibc is empty I just turn it on when I come home, let it fill overnight and turn it off in the morning.

When you have been employing in the past, you must have been struggling to produce enough pure water daily for both of you.

Splash & dash

« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2023, 06:43:15 pm »

How did you have work for an employee if 900 ltr of water lasts you all week ? Two guys in a van will use that in an average day

Bungle

« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2023, 08:50:32 pm »
No need for all the hate chaps. I respect both Smudger and Splash.

For what it's worth I use a PF all singing all dancing 4040 RO. It cost me about a grand 7 years ago. I can make 300 L in about an hour with a booster. I wouldn't use anything less than 4040.
We look at them, they look through them.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2023, 08:57:37 pm »

How did you have work for an employee if 900 ltr of water lasts you all week ? Two guys in a van will use that in an average day
1900 litres, assuming it’s a 1000 litre IBC

Splash & dash

« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2023, 09:01:49 pm »

1900 litres, assuming it’s a 1000 litre IBC

Sorry don’t get what you are saying ? He said 900 ltr lasts him a week , how could it last a week with an employee so two guys only use 900 ltr for a weeks work is how I read what he put ?..,