van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Richard Stevenson

Looking for a new van
« on: October 22, 2023, 04:31:53 pm »
My current van is 2014 vauxhall vivario  which I have had from new,  I am looking to do the same again, any suggestions on where to buy from. I paid 15k for the last one, I am a little concerned I will need an extra 10k this time.

dd

Re: Looking for a new van
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2023, 06:24:33 pm »
I would look on vans2buy website and autotrader, but yes you are probably looking at around 25k plus vat for a new one.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2023, 09:15:58 pm »
My current van is 2014 vauxhall vivario  which I have had from new,  I am looking to do the same again, any suggestions on where to buy from. I paid 15k for the last one, I am a little concerned I will need an extra 10k this time.

Unless there is something majorly wrong with your current van, my advice would be to keep it. 👍
Comfortably Numb!

Always shining

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2023, 07:15:00 am »
The last advice is spot on. If nothing wrong keep hold of it. Vans are overpriced these days.
And it’s a minefield trying to pick which is the best one to get. Go on line and you will see that pretty much every single van will have someone smashing it to bits. Spend a bit of money on what you have now if needed and keep going with it

Richard Stevenson

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2023, 01:00:52 pm »
Thanks guys

Stoots

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2023, 01:44:45 pm »
A new vivaro, a basic one is over 30 grand inc vat

I would keep, its tempting to buy a new one but once the novelty wears off its just a second hand van

I bought a brand new one last year and honestly i wish i hadnt have bothered, its already lost 10k considering i cant claim the vat back.  Not only that but i dont trust the new ad blue engines i think i`ll sell mine and pay off the finance when the warranty runs out next year.

If i could turn back time and have my old van back i would, there was nothing wrong with it.

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2023, 02:49:16 pm »
you had better ask Cher
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2023, 09:00:53 am »

I would keep, its tempting to buy a new one but once the novelty wears off its just a second hand van

I bought a brand new one last year and honestly i wish i hadnt have bothered, its already lost 10k considering i cant claim the vat back.  Not only that but i dont trust the new ad blue engines i think i`ll sell mine and pay off the finance when the warranty runs out next year.

If i could turn back time and have my old van back i would, there was nothing wrong with it.

I'm sure you ll get many years out of your new van trouble free.thats worth it in itself....

Mines nearly 7 years old now.serviced every year and 2 new front tyres.thats it!I'm still on the original brake pads too.

Second hand vans are overpriced and can cause you lots of grief in repairs and downtime
price higher/work harder!

Soupy

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2023, 09:50:08 am »
I've been at this for 24 + 1/2 years.

Bought my first "new" vehicle 7 years ago. Wouldn't think of buying second hand vans now.

Stoots

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2023, 11:56:51 am »

I'm sure you ll get many years out of your new van trouble free.thats worth it in itself....

Mines nearly 7 years old now.serviced every year and 2 new front tyres.thats it!I'm still on the original brake pads too.

Second hand vans are overpriced and can cause you lots of grief in repairs and downtime

Not so much I regret buying a new van but I wish I had got a smaller one.

When I got mime I had a lad working with me and I thought I better get a bigger one for a 2 man system plus if I ever do pw or gutters etc I have the room.

But I've worked on my own ever since and it does my head in parking it on some jobs. I like the van but the size is overkill for a one man band.

Soupy

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2023, 12:08:39 pm »
Doblos are great. 1t payload and not much bigger than an average car.

Stoots

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2023, 12:30:13 pm »
Doblos are great. 1t payload and not much bigger than an average car.

I know I looked at them for ages then thought nah I'll get a bigger one.

If I can sell mine and downgrade to a smaller one next year I will do. Going to wait till warranty is up on mine may as well.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2023, 12:35:40 pm »
I'm in the same boat, bought my Traffic from new in 2015 with the aim of replacing it after 10 years.  Paid 14k plus vat for a top spec van and now they have tripled in price.   Crazy.

So I've decided, like others have said to carry on with my old van till it dies.  I've looked after it, serviced it to the letter, never thrashed it.  About to replace the timing time soon as a precaution.     So no reason it can't carry on.   

Okay, if I need to replace something big like a gear box or turbo it will be a fraction of the cost of new van. 

I reckon in 5 years time things may be different with much better and cheaper electric options.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Shrek

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2023, 12:43:46 pm »
I'm in the same boat, bought my Traffic from new in 2015 with the aim of replacing it after 10 years.  Paid 14k plus vat for a top spec van and now they have tripled in price.   Crazy.

So I've decided, like others have said to carry on with my old van till it dies.  I've looked after it, serviced it to the letter, never thrashed it.  About to replace the timing time soon as a precaution.     So no reason it can't carry on.   

Okay, if I need to replace something big like a gear box or turbo it will be a fraction of the cost of new van. 

I reckon in 5 years time things may be different with much better and cheaper electric options.

This is like saying I bought a house 10 years ago and now they are more expensive so I’m not buying a new one….. inflation is a thing ya know!

I bought a new custom in 2020 and still love driving a ‘new’ van after years of having bangers that needed the sills welding every mot and spending thousands a year getting it fixed. Prices will always go up it’s just life

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2023, 01:08:55 pm »

This is like saying I bought a house 10 years ago and now they are more expensive so I’m not buying a new one….. inflation is a thing ya know!

I bought a new custom in 2020 and still love driving a ‘new’ van after years of having bangers that needed the sills welding every mot and spending thousands a year getting it fixed. Prices will always go up it’s just life

Not quite, a house is an appreciating asset. A van is a depreciating asset. All depends how an individual wishes to spend money. Turnover means nothing, the only thing that counts is how much of it YOU get to keep!
Comfortably Numb!

Shrek

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2023, 01:50:22 pm »

Not quite, a house is an appreciating asset. A van is a depreciating asset. All depends how an individual wishes to spend money. Turnover means nothing, the only thing that counts is how much of it YOU get to keep!

What’s turnover got to do with anything I just said ???
Your house is a liability until you sell it

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2023, 02:52:01 pm »

That's my point.  It won't become a banger if you take care of it, an keep it maintained.  Mine still drives like new to me.  It's all about ROI.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2023, 03:11:01 pm »

What’s turnover got to do with anything I just said ???
Your house is a liability until you sell it

So, back to your point then , what's a house got to do with it??
Comfortably Numb!

Shrek

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2023, 05:06:18 pm »
Rising prices, I was using it as an example because it’s been mentioned they bought a van  10 years ago and now won’t buy one because the price has gone up. What’s gonna happen in another 10 years? The price will go up even more.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2023, 05:18:01 pm »
Rising prices, I was using it as an example because it’s been mentioned they bought a van  10 years ago and now won’t buy one because the price has gone up. What’s gonna happen in another 10 years? The price will go up even more.

Ah, but when you buy a house it tends to increase in value, and doesn't depreciate.  A van depreciates  rapidly.   They have inflated 3 fold over the 10 years.   If that continues, like you say, in ten years time we will be paying £100k plus for a van.    Van inflation is through the roof.